PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pyramid Report (Nov. 9-10) with Pics

Mickey_Thomas
11-19-2007, 07:51 AM
There's no doubt that the AC Plugs can catch big fish, for me though I've had better success on Pyramid with 6" and 9" Lymans at higher trolling speeds when trying to fish for the larger fish. The funny thing is that most of the larger fish I've caught and seen caught have been on the 3" Lymans :-/

OTDRSMN
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
AC Webmaster,

I bought a bunch (8 or 9) of the AC Plugs a few years back. *Caught fish with them and love their action but everyone of them cracked after a few times using them just trolling, not from the fish or hitting anything. *Looks like the wood expanded and cracked the lure's outer coating. *Spent too much money per lure to have this happen again so I have never bought anymore. * I switched to using Lyman lures and have never had a similar problem and caught a ton of fish.

OTDRSMN

CHICKFISHING58
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Looks like alot of nice fish caught, but the thread seems to me to be more of a commercial for AC plugs than a fishing report. Great lake to fish though * :) *It really reminded me of the banjo minnow commercial on TV, with all the people chimming in on how great the lure is, lol
And hey, I am making a joke here not being critical or complaining. *:)
Bob

Hey Bob,
I have that same video of the banjo minnow lures and guess what I used them at Pyramid and they work great ;D

PickLeNose
11-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Looks like alot of nice fish caught, but the thread seems to me to be more of a commercial for AC plugs than a fishing report. Great lake to fish though * :) *It really reminded me of the banjo minnow commercial on TV, with all the people chimming in on how great the lure is, lol
And hey, I am making a joke here not being critical or complaining. *:)
Bob

Hey Bob,
I have that same video of the banjo minnow lures and guess what I used them at Pyramid and they work great ;D

ChickFishing58,
Sometimes I think you could use a piece of a car tire on that lake and catch fish all day long. Its an awsome lake.

red_perception
11-20-2007, 05:51 AM
A lure is a lure. If it looks and swims like a fish another fish will probably hit it. Knowing how, where and when to use it is more important. I've had similar problems with the handmade AC's peeling, I think it is a chemical reaction to the Pro-cure being left on the lure after it is back in the box. What the heck is a Trophy Stick? Just kidd'n TT ;D ;D ;D You catch some nice fish. The toughest thing is being humble enough to run the small lure when the big ones are right there, huh Mickey ;). Good luck, Eric :)