PDA

View Full Version : LAST MINUTE HELP!!!

SpinReelFisher
11-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Ok, I'm heading down from Sac tomorrow morning and going down to Three Rivers. I'll have the chance to fish the Kaweah river (either the middle or north fork). Anyone ever head there before?? It's my first time down there, and I only have two days to figure it out. Any suggestions?? I was thinking about bringing some roe that was cured for American Rvr steelies. Besides that, I figure a small bunch of panther martins or spoons would work too. If you have any info....LET ME KNOW!! Thanks.

SRF

xcrossroad
11-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Your going to find the water really low and probably not much fishing to be done on the river. Crickets work well on the river as does Panther Martins. If your bank fishing I would try the river below Pine Flat. More water and more fish. A friend of mine had been fishing that area and doing well with an FT Kastmaster. Might work well where your going if you can find water deep enough to fish in. Just keep in mind you will be driving by Kaweah lake one of the best crappie lakes in California. Here is the link for the Kastmaster http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/showcase.cfm?PID=915