PDA

View Full Version : ICR Tuesday - The Pattern Continues (Pics)

Captain Compassion
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Wife and I decided to try a little afternoon bait fishing at ICR. Arrived at 2:15 and fished by the dam. She using Power Bait and I mini crawlers. We both hat two nibbles but the fish weren't really taking. The lake was glass and we had it all to ourselves save one tube fisherman down the lake. No fish but a beautiful day.

CC

THE BAIT FISHERMEN
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/111307-01.jpg
AFTERNOON GLASS
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/111307-02.jpg
SUN GOES DOWN EARLY AT ICR
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/111307-03.jpg
SUNSET WITH T-BONES
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/111307-04.jpg

untalan1
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Hello Capt.I fished Indian Creek on sat. with my inflatable for three hours with just one small bow for the effort.The water and weather were was nice.The're were some bank guys who had a few on powerbait.Efren

Captain Compassion
11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Hello Capt.I fished Indian Creek on sat. with my inflatable for three hours with just one small bow for the effort.The water and weather were was nice.The're were some bank guys who had a few on powerbait.Efren

The bite there is cyclic. You have to hit the right day. Hope it's tomorrow. I'm going there again. 8-)

CC

garrett_s
11-13-2007, 08:25 PM
no fish but sounds like a good day

cgagex3
11-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Hey Capt. question for you. I may try to make a trip up to Red & ICR on Saturday or Sunday depending on schedule & weather. We know that more often than not Red shuts down at 9:30 or so. Does the bite run a little later at ICR? Trying to think if I should start at Red then ICR or start at ICR and then hit Caples on the way home.
I know if I go to my spot on Caples I can still catch fish at 2 in the afternoon as long as it isn't to windy to put the pontoon in the water.
I am thinking more towards Sunday only to let the possible storm Friday clear out and let them get the roads cleaned up.

CG

Captain Compassion
11-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey Capt. question for you. I may try to make a trip up to Red & ICR on Saturday or Sunday depending on schedule & weather. We know that more often than not Red shuts down at 9:30 or so. Does the bite run a little later at ICR?

Like I've had a sterling record at these lakes as of late. :( That being said you are correct. Red is better in the morning. As far as ICR is concerned I have yet to fish it early in the morning but what I have noticed if the fish are hitting they usually hit all day. There are no 100 fish days at ICR. There are days when you can pick up 5 - 10 fish and several in the 3 - 5# class with a real bruser possible. The perfict trifecta is Caples real early for Browns (until 7:30 or so). Red from 7:30 to 10:00. then ICR. I'll be hitting all these places through Monday then to LA for Thanksgiving. See you on the water.

CC

hunkfisher
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Come on capt. ill try and help change your luck on Monday ;), weather looks great hope it continues to do so.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Captain Compassion
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Come on capt. ill try and help change your luck on Monday *;), weather looks great hope it continues to do so.

Being a glutton for punishment I'm going out there again this aftenoon. I'll let you know.

CC

cgagex3
11-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Well Capt, Brad wish I could join on Monday but work becons. With the short three day week at work I kind of have to go Monday.
Then I fly to L.A. for a wedding the day after turkey day. Kind of funny Capt. I haven't been to L.A. in ten years and I will be down the same weekend as you (no I am not a fishsniffer stalker). My wife is maid or I guess maiden of honor for her best friends wedding.
Well Capt. maybe I will see you this weekend up the hill. Brad I asume you will be back at school before the start of December. By the way Camanche pond still working. Pink tasmanian & black wooly bugger both kicked tail last weekend.

CG

hunkfisher
11-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks cgagex ill have to pick some up dont worry me and CC will take care of business with these ICR fish.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

danmcmartin
11-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Too bad, Cap'n. I will be up at Red Saturday. If anyone is there look for the big blue pontoon.

I agree with Captain. ICR is a tough place to fish. Like Pyramid you have pay your dues. I used to fish there a lot about 6-7 years back. Caught a few nice fish, but never had any banner days. We used to go in the evening in the summer and stalk the big boys in the weeds slurping mayflies. I once lost a good 6 pounder that was nice enough to jump immediately after breaking my tippet. Good times!

Captain Compassion
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Too bad, Cap'n. *I will be up at Red Saturday. *If anyone is there look for the big blue pontoon.

There is a good chance I'll be at Red Saturday. Watch the shore by the dam and perhaps up the South shore.

CC

danmcmartin
11-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I was looking for you at ICR and Red on Sunday. We look for you Saturday and swing by and say hi.

troutfan
11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Since my buddies boat is on the fritz I may have to go up there and drown a few worms. Might as well since it's in my back yard. ;)

Captain Compassion
11-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Since my buddies boat is on the fritz I may have to go up there and drown a few worms. *Might as well since it's in my back yard. ;)

Try Berkley Gulp in the Chartreuse color. They ignored my worms and Power Bait and hit the crap out of this stuff. Big 5 has it and it's not cheap at $6.50 a bottle but anything to keep the South Carson Valley economy going.

CC

danmcmartin
11-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I always forget about Big 5. I drive by it every night on the way home. I need some line to refill my spinning reel so I will stop by there tomorrow. I snagged at ICR last weekend and had to break the line. I didn't notice till I got to Red that it broke way above the knot. I was casting and all of sudden I could see spool. A couple of times i cast all the line I had left :o

Captain Compassion
11-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I always forget about Big 5.

Big 5. The shoes are cheap but every thing else is expensive. I'm down to 2 Gold Kastmasters and they are out. The horror! At least I can walk to it from where I live.

CC

fish_feeder32
11-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey cap When i am up in Gardnerville at my dads place and i forget to bring one or two of me favorite lures for the near by lakes. I go to right aid in gardnerville. They have a decent selection of lures, bait and tackle there. Even a good selection of Kastmasters. I do not know if you knew that or not. So just thought i would share the info. ;)

danmcmartin
11-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Good ol drug stores. I bought my first float tube from Long's and they used to have great selection. Some of the Reno stores still have pretty good selection. In fact 12 years after I bought my first float tube, I liked it so much I bought another just like it from Long's.

Captain Compassion
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey cap When i am up in Gardnerville at my dads place and i forget to bring one or two of me favorite lures for the near by lakes. I go to right aid in gardnerville. They have a decent selection of lures, bait and tackle there. Even a good selection of Kastmasters. I do not know if you knew that or not. So just thought i would share the info. ;)

The Rite Aid next to Solaris in Gardnerville is the first place I look for them. I bought 3 of them there about 2 weeks ago. They are about a buck less then at Big 5. They were out of the 1/4 oz gold yesterday. >:( Guess I gotta go to Wal*Mart. ICR seems to eat the things.

CC

Captain Compassion
11-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Good ol drug stores. *I bought my first float tube from Long's and they used to have great selection. *Some of the Reno stores still have pretty good selection. *In fact 12 years after I bought my first float tube, I liked it so much I bought another just like it from Long's.

Longs indeed has a good fishing selection. A couple of months ago I was at one off of McCarrin in Reno. A far better selection then anything from Carson City south. After the first of the month when I get my allowance I'm going to Cabala's. :)

CC

danmcmartin
11-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Now they should have a few gold Kastmasters and probably at a decent price. And they should help drive down the prices of all the other sporting goods stores in the area.