PDA

View Full Version : PYRAMID 11-9-07

CHICKFISHING58
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Fishing Buddy, Geezer,Barbara and I will be going out on Friday we will be fishing at blockhouse anyone else going?

I know Mako will be there for the weekend dress warm Mako weather looks bad for Sat and Sun ;)

Jetspray
11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Looks like snow flurries by Sunday, would like to join ya but G daughter's Bday friday and then the parade in Carson Sunday. Got to take the Grandbabies to the parade one is 5 friday and the other is 18 months.....Jetspray

CHICKFISHING58
11-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Jetspray,
You didnít miss much we got on the lake at 9:15 found Geezer and Barbara just in time to see her beautiful 25 inch fish good job my friend another one for the SISTERHOOD [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

We then headed over to hell's kitchen although I wanted to go to blockhouse I gave in to the pressure. Fishing Buddy caught a beautiful just over 24 male I had him throw it back in because it was just barley over and I didnít want him to get a ticket just in case the ranger said it wasnít but he did agree.

He caught it on a white flat fish 15 ft down I couldnít catch a thing so we picked up and headed over to the needles OMG I thought my fish finder was broken there were so many fish I couldnít believe it I did get a nice take down. We finally called it a day when we seen the wind picking up but by the time we made it back to the dock it was like glass.

It sure was a beautiful day out there we talked to a few people on the radio like Bob by the way nice boat Gary that fishes Tahoe and we herd Mako on the radio.
We passed this boat and Iím thinking to myself wow that looks a lot like my harber craft well it was at one time just like mine they put a paint job on her it looked nice but I thought mine was prettier here are some pictures.
BARBARA'S FISH
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/CHICKFISHING58/barbara.jpg
FISHING BUDDY HE WAS HOLDING ON TO IT FOR DEAR LIFE ;D
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/CHICKFISHING58/john.jpg
BOB'S BOAT
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/CHICKFISHING58/captc.jpg
GARY HE SAID HIS SISTER FISHES THE DELTA A LOT
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/CHICKFISHING58/gary.jpg
HARBER CRAFT PAINTED
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/CHICKFISHING58/harbercraft.jpg
THE WEATHER
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/CHICKFISHING58/PB090007450x337.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x220/CHICKFISHING58/PB090008450x337.jpg

Topaz_Tom
11-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Great Pics Chick!! :) ;) Thanks for the report. Congrats to Barb & John on the nice fish. :D

northriver_tom
11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
those are some big fish...so whats the deal on the size at pyramid...whats the over and under on the fish size that you can keep and have to let go...what if you hook one that dies on the way in or thats bleeding bad and not legal..do you still return it to the water....

Topaz_Tom
11-10-2007, 12:48 PM
those are some big fish...so whats the deal on the size at pyramid...whats the over and under on the fish size that you can keep and have to let go...what if you hook one that dies on the way in or thats bleeding bad and not legal..do you still return it to the water....

You must throw back anything under 16" and between 19" and 24" You may only keep 1 fish over 24". *And yes if the fish looks like it's bleeding or goes belly up, don't keep it unless your willing to pay a fine. *I should add that the new reg. of barbless hooks cut down on the bleeding and you should not be fishing any deeper than 30 feet, this will help on the mortality rate of the fish. :) ;)

maui_mark
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Great Pix Chick! Good advice TT. Hey, the Cpt. Compassion I'm used to reading about doesn't have a boat, and just posted a few pix from various spots on the Walker Rivers (E & W), & Bridgeport. Must be a different "compassion"...?
Regardless, Good job Chick! Love the pics & posts! Keep them coming!
Mark

stonesfan
11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Why so many Fishing Restrictions on the Lake? Are they having a

problem maintaning the Fish Population. All the pics i've ever seen

seem to show some pretty Healthy Fish, an did I read where it is

a (1) one fish limit? A awful long way to drive for only 1 fish........

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Captain Compassion
11-10-2007, 09:10 PM
All the pics i've ever seen seem to show some pretty Healthy Fish, an did I read where it is a (1) one fish limit? A awful long way to drive for only 1 fish........

Not if it's a 10 pounder. 8-) I only ate Pyramid trout one time and they were not to my liking. But they were sure fun to catch.

CC

ric1ric
11-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Its a two fish limit, but some people catch and release huge numbers in a day.

stonesfan
11-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I knew there had to something more to keep bringing Sniffer's back

to that lake, thanks for the info RIC, those sure are beautiful fish.......

Hey CC, a 10lb Pyramid Lake Trout would make one heck of a BBQ!!

Thanks to you both for sharing....................

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Captain Compassion
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey CC, a 10lb Pyramid Lake Trout would make one heck of a BBQ!!

So would a 10 pound Carp. [smiley=chowtime.gif]

CC

fernley_tim
11-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Nice pics chick love the pic. of john hugging the fish ;D Tell him if he fished with me more often he would have plenty of chances at fish over 24" instead of the minnows you seem to put him on ::) ;D ;D

Trout_Chaser
11-11-2007, 07:02 AM
NRT,
Some of the regulation info here is a little misleading, here is the link to the official site for the lake so you can clarify for your self.

http://crosbylodge.com/fishing/regs_highlights.htm

The regs simply keep people from taking too many fish from the lake. We have plenty of overfished waters around, hence the control helps keep this lake as a quality fishery. Remember, this is not a state ran lake, the tribe sets the regulations and you have to buy your fishing permit and use permits from them directly.

vvbob
11-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Great pics Chick.....Looks like it was a beautiful day to be on the water, & the fishing was pretty good too.
That can be such an awesome lake, then again it can be tough as nails, & nasty :-/

Mr_Ed
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
If you cach a 10 pound fish you will receive *a 10 lb pin and a free
drink toke.............

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/Pyramid_pins_037.JPG

Also a free sweat shirt *or a jacket if the biggest fish for the week or
the month !!

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/Pyramid_pins_035.JPG

Captain Compassion
11-11-2007, 11:54 AM
If you cach a 10 pound fish you will receive *a 10 lb pin and a free
drink toke.............

I caught one 33 years ago and I didn't get nothing. Do they give out this stuff retroactively? ;D

CC

drstressor
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Do they give out this stuff retroactively?

Sure. If you still have the fish. ;)

Captain Compassion
11-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Do they give out this stuff retroactively?

Sure. *If you still have the fish. ;) *

LOL!

CC

Mr_Ed
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM
There are a lot of sportsmen that don't know about the "Club",
and you do have to let them know and have an offical weigh in
to qualify.

Just thought I would put the info out there................

It is just too bad , you have to kill a huge fish to put a feather in you hat....... :'( :'(

Some think a live well or a cooler of water is all you need to keep them alive................... >:(

Captain Compassion
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
There are a lot of sportsmen that don't know about the "Club",
and you do have to let them know *and have an offical weigh in
to qualify.

I doubt I would intentially kill a trout to join this club but there is that free drink involved. They are not talking soda pop are they?

CC

Mr_Ed
11-12-2007, 07:32 AM
No, you can have "Fire Water" if you want..... ;)

Benfishing
11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah and they also take your picture with your fish and post it on the club wall. I'm on the wall and I see nothing wrong with harvesting a fish every once awhile. I keep maybe two fish out of there a year.

fpsamm
11-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey Barb and I eat those fish, and my neighbor's love them.

Samm

CHICKFISHING58
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Nice pics chick love the pic. of john hugging the fish ;D Tell him if he fished with me more often he would have plenty of chances at fish over 24" instead of the minnows you seem to put him on ::) ;D ;D

Watch it Tim >:( *when I take people out they catch fish *can you say the same[smiley=tongue2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Mr_Ed
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Chick;

Don't forget about the "Speed boat" ride !! ;D ;D ;D

I know lots of boats that can't go 35 mph. :o ;D ;D ;D ;)

Plus, chick has a lot of pleasent "chit chat"..............

ALL the time !! :'( ;D ;D ;D

CHICKFISHING58
11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Great Pix Chick! Good advice TT. Hey, the Cpt. Compassion I'm used to reading about doesn't have a boat, and just posted a few pix from various spots on the Walker Rivers (E & W), & Bridgeport. Must be a different "compassion"...?
Regardless, Good job Chick! Love the pics & posts! Keep them coming!
Mark

Yeah I received a PM from him I could have sworn that was his fish sniffer handle I do know his name was Bob and he knew doc.

Mr. Ed,
I have wanted a 10 lb pin forever :'( the closest I ever came was 9lb 1oz with Jason B right after hammer caught his 13lb.

One day I will have a big mans pin [smiley=tongue2.gif]

hetchy
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Nothing wrong with keeping some fish out the Pyramid. A kept fish once in awhile is ok I think, the important thing is to make sure that the ones you release are done right, like shaking them loose in the water with no hands on. We just had a great week there. I'll post some photos and a report tomorrow. It was a great trip, fished and talked with some great folks. Can't wait to get back over there soon!

troutfan
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Amen to that Hetchy. How we release our fish will affect the fishery far more than keeping one now and then.

fishing_buddy
11-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Nice fish Barb

untalan1
11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Hello Beth , looks like you had a pretty nice day of fishing at Pyramid weather and water looked good.I wished I could've made it on Friday to fish with you.I really appreciated the offer to go out with you on a hitchike.I'll definitely will take you up on the offer in the near future.Took my 14' inflatable up to my place in Gardnerville and fished Caples from shore for about an hour for a limit of 12" browns C&R with firetiger and orange rapalas.Also fished Red and Indian Creek on my way to my place with not much luck,Wow! three lakes in one day, life is sure great when you can hit that many lakes in one day. Fished Red on sun. in the middle of all that snowfall and C&R a number of brooks and some nice size cutts.Efren

CHICKFISHING58
11-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Efren,

Let me know when your ready I didnt know they had fish Caples ::) ;D