View Full Version : Little Help at New Melones

FISHRITE
11-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey Sniffers...........
does anyone have any info on new melones how the fishing

thanks for the input

troutfan
11-10-2007, 09:11 AM
If you use the search function you will find some recent info. ;)

cptdarel
11-10-2007, 09:15 AM
well other than a fresh report from a fellow sniffer, there is a trend report at the glory hole site.

http://www.gloryholesports.com/latest_fishing_report.htm

dude
11-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I was there twice last week. Took the boat on Monday for a nice boat ride and 2 small trout on the top line with weddingring and crawler in the angels creek arm. The only 2 hits in 6 hours, but a beautiful day.
On Wed. tried banking it in houseboat cove with no takers and then to gloryhole pt for 2 green carp. It should open up in the next few weeks.
Dude

fishguts
11-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Give it a few more weeks. I don't start going up there until December.

HOOF
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Ya its still a little early for melones to start producing constently,.But I would roll up river and troll along the shoreline for some browns

Seon
11-12-2007, 05:10 PM
I've got my two grandkids coming over for the entire week next week. Now that I have a boat, they wanted to go out to fish. Would I be able to get any hits on worms or power bait dropping it to the bottom, fishing off the boat? I don't want them to get bored 8-).

steveo79
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
If you go up one of the creek arms, into the cover, you could keep them busy with panfish. Angels Creek is close to the first launch ramp on the right, Angels Cove. Neither Angels cove, or Glory hole, is overwhelmed with traffic right now, so you can't really go wrong. One thing in favor of Glory Hole, is the walk from launch area, to parking area, is a much easier (less steep) walk.

You could have a really fun time in those coves, with an ultalight rig, and a little panther martin....

HOOF
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Steveo79 has the right idea about Melones...Now if you are willing to drive a little up to pincrest and if the water level is still high enough for you to launch your boat(if you do not have a 4x4 that is) then floating crawlers is hit or miss for trout,BUT when it is hit it is non stop..If you plan on stickin to melones and not trollin I like Steveo79 plans,also to add to that you can night fish under lights for trouteys