PDA

View Full Version : Icehouse 11.11.07

LD
11-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I was feeling a little restless and given the chance by Mrs. LD, I got up early this morning and headed up to Icehouse, as I needed to be home early... the truck had been fixed, and I got my stitches out... don't ask... it's a long story... ;) *:-[
Woke up to the sound of rain...no big surprise... dusted off the rain gear and off I went.
It poured on the way up, and I believe this was the 1st time I have ever let water out of the boat before I started fishing..
On the water at 6:30 toplining BBR's.
Not much happening for the 1st 20 or so minutes, and then... tap tap...
tap...BAM! a nice healthy 14" bow.
It turned out to be the biggest fish of the day... *;D
Over the next hour and a half, C&R'ed several more fish, 4 browns and 1 more bow I think it was. I was trying to count on my fingers, but they were so cold and stiff, I could not get them to work right...[smiley=old.gif]
Switched 1 rod to a crawler/dodger and slowed down...
headed to the cove about half way down the south side...nada, turned around and headed back to the ramp, as it was time to head home, and picked up 2 more bows.
I had about 15 minutes to make one more pass by the dam and nada again.
It rained until about 9:30 or 10:00 and then the sun poked it's head out, and by the time I was heading in, one more boat showed up. I had the whole lake to myself, except for one guy on the bank.
Sorry Mickey.. *[smiley=mickey.gif] , no pictures... ;D

sweetfish
11-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Good job lite drag, it cracks me up the way a quick trip can get you through till the next one, there's not enough calamine lotion to get you through that itch.

JMat
11-11-2007, 08:06 PM
ld,
Congrats on the great day at Icehouse! *Was at the lake as well today after fishing the Junction and UVR for nothing. *Didn't feel like taking the boat out so I decided to try a little bank fishing(wasn't sure I remembered how). Ended up with ALOT of little bows and a 15" brown although it wasn't until I hit my 3rd lake, Icehouse, that I even had my first strike. *Glad to see you had a great day and made it off the lake on time ;D.
JMat

hopevalleyfisher
11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I was thinking about heading to IH or SlyPark tomorow as theyre alot closer than my of-late-usualRed lake and i still see storms up in the mountains. I Have only fished icehouse from the bank once. and caught one little rainbow. it was a hot summer day. maybe Ill try again.

JMat
11-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I was thinking about heading to IH or SlyPark tomorow as theyre alot closer than my of-late-usualRed lake and i still see storms up in the mountains. I Have only fished icehouse from the bank once.
Saw three guys at the back of Icehouse fishing pontoons and float tubes today and they seemed to be doing pretty good. I would probably try Icehouse with a pontoon because you can basically drive all the way to the back of the lake. *My local lake, Sly Park, is great from a boat but since the good fishing areas are few and far between you'd be doing alot of paddling or walking.
JMat

fishing_man
11-12-2007, 04:32 PM
ld,
Congrats on the great day at Icehouse! *Was at the lake as well today after fishing the Junction and UVR for nothing. *Didn't feel like taking the boat out so I decided to try a little bank fishing(wasn't sure I remembered how). Ended up with ALOT of little bows and a 15" brown although it wasn't until I hit my 3rd lake, Icehouse, that I even had my first strike. *Glad to see you had a great day and made it off the lake on time ;D.
JMat

what were you using for them