PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 11/10

OakieAngler
11-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Started about 7:00 and trolled for about 4 hours without a strike. Saw bait getting busted on the surface so hooked up some live minnows and drifted a while. Still nothing. Went back to trolling and hit a little 1.5lber about noon in the narrows. Continued down the same side and hit a hog. 7.2 lber that hit like a freight train. I troll so darn far behind the boat that I was actually concerned about getting spooled. Started trolling again and hook something that never stopped. Stripped about 50ft of line and snap, gone. Same lure/rod the 7lber came on and have a feeling my leader line was weak from the previous battle. Trolling rainbow trout pattern Water Srikers (about 3.5" long) on the surface. First time I have ever fished there. A few too many boats in a small area for my liking but a good trip all in all.

Old_School
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Nice report. Got to love it when you get slammed like that. You never know what you might hook into there top water trolling.

HiTechTrout
11-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Sounds like you got into a decent Striper that peeled your line to the breaking point. They've been known to do that at Del Valle. What's a

"Trolling rainbow trout pattern Water Srikers (about 3.5" long)"

Is that a grub or a stick bait? Inquiring minds need to know. :-)

sloteke234
11-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Stick bait. Made by Water Striker. Here is a link to the lure.
http://store.ebait.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=StrikePro&Prod uct_Code=WS-468&Category_Code=FWJB