PDA

View Full Version : whats happening at Bereyessa

notenufffishn
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I was thinking about going some place cheaper and less expensive than Amador. Folsom appears to be real slow. Any word on Bereyessa? Will have a small aluminum boat.

sehoner
11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
not too sure, but I'm also gonna be there this weekend, so any info would be great guys.

Rich.

SneakAttack
11-08-2007, 08:01 PM
It's SLOW. Was there tuesday, and not even a bite. Found some pods of trout and some salmon. Launched at Markley Cove. Couldn't get them to bite a darn thing. Worms, minnows, needle fish, wedding rings, sidekicks, dodgers, flashers, even rolled shad. Tried copper, brass, nickel, coper/nickel, even tried bribing the god's. Couldn't get a nibble. Thought we'd head over to the damn dam and drown a few minnows mooching, no-go. Mooched for an hour, no go. Trolled for 4 hours. Bait for 2 hours. Tried from the narrows to the dam. Saw lots of bankers trying. I'm sure someone caught something that day, but there were no hoops or hollers anywhere around that area. Might want to try Lake Sonoma or Blue Lakes in the area. Berressa is definitely not ready.

I must say it was one of the most BEAUtiful day's on the water I've seen yet... Even with a skunk.

Oh, yeah, also tried J7's CD7's in pearch, tiger and minnow. Kastmasters in nickel, blue/nickel, phoebe's, tripple teazers, hum-dingers.... 4 poles out, threw the box at them, but had fun doing it ;)

Hope you have a better day then we did... LOL

SneakAttack

Seon
11-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Sounds like you threw everything except the kitchen sink :o ;D.

steveo79
11-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Don't know where it is that you are driving from, since you don't list it in your profile, but it seems every high sierra lake up on hiway's 88, 4, and 108 are full of beautiful trout, waiting to be caught. Silver, Red, ICR, New Spicer, Alpine, Beardsley, Cherry, Pinecrest. Whew! Most of those, a small aluminum boat is the ticket right now, as the launch ramps are out of the water, but still accesible. Also, there is no launch fee's, no parking fee's, etc.

sweetfish
11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Not what I wanted to hear, I'll be on Berryessa Sat morn and hope the storm front gets them excited.*Hey SneakAttack, did you use any 3 and 4 inch spoons? Casey

SneakAttack
11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
We used tried 3" & 4" Apexes (too many colors to call out here...) Tried a J12 Rap, Tried 'em BIG and small... We really worked hard Tuesday at fishing. The catching part seemed to elude us though... :P

Tried depths from top to 150' for trolling and 190+ for mooching. Was using P-Line and Cajun-Red. Found a cove where the Salmon were spawning. Coolest thing I ever seen as I've never seen that many 24"+ fish in one area (In CA.)

Should've tried DYNAMITE [smiley=wileecoyote.gif]

BTW: Tight Lines to you! Hope you have better luck than we did...

TroutWagon
11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Sneakattack,

What cove were you at in Berryessa, I would like to witness the same event, Fished all summer long for them and It would be cool to see these guys do there thing so close to home, and not be in the mountians.If you don't know the name of the cove ,then what part of the lake were you at?

Thanks for the report

Rich

notenufffishn
11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Thank you all for the responses. I will fix my profile to show where I am from.
I think I will be headed up the hill a little bit if the rain holds out. Sly park first then Ice House or Silver. I will post when I get back

sehoner
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info, hopefully me and my father in law will have some luck on saturday. none the less, it will still be good to be on the water.

Rich.

SneakAttack
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Rich-
If you were to launch at Markley, head toward the narrows. It's the only deep cove on the left just before the narrows (about 1/8 mile deep.) Bring a camera w/you and some anchovie or clams as there are some HUGE cat's there. All in total, saw:
Large Salmon (Lots)
Large Cats (a few)
Planter Trout (More than I could count)
1-2.5 Lb Bass (enough to make a bass man drooooolllll....)

All in a 200 Ft. section of the cove.

I know there are quality fish in that darn lake, but damn'd if I could catch 'em!

TroutWagon
11-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks Sneaks,

I'll check it out this weekend, hope there still around. Try to scratch some out this weekend, Hope to give out a good report for you guys.
Thanks for the info,

Rich

sweetfish
11-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Guys, I was there this Sat and no trout for me but the Kokanee have made it up to the launch ramp in Markley cove, before you launch check out the pool of water by the overflow pipe on the left, pretty cool