PDA

View Full Version : E. Walker, Bridgeport Res. Info Needed

Captain Compassion
11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Fellow Sniffer BreakofDawn and myself are taking a little road trip Saturday. We will be fishing the E. Walker in Nevada (Ranch and Elbow), Special regs area of the E. Walker in California, Bridgeport Res. near the dam and perhaps the Little Walker and West Walker if time permits. Anyone fished any of these places recently? Any help would be appreciated.

CC

BreakofDawn
11-09-2007, 12:41 PM
One report I got was that the east walker was still a little off color but the fish are hungry. Flows are about 65cfs. I hope this helps. Good Luck ;D

troutfan
11-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Ken's Sporting Goods says the East Walker Calif./Nevada are both good right now and Bridgeport Reservoir is fair at best.
http://www.kenssport.com/

Captain Compassion
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks gentlemen. We shall see.

CC

Ryan_O
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
I fished there and Kirman a couple months back and caught a few large browns on floating Brown Trout Rapalas, not sure if you are spin or fly-fishing. Look forward to seeing some pics.

Captain Compassion
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I fished there and Kirman a couple months back and caught a few large browns on floating Brown Trout Rapalas, not sure if you are spin or fly-fishing. *Look forward to seeing some pics.

There will be pics. I just hope there are some fish. :D

CC

Mr._Striper
11-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Good luck to ya CC. Hope to see ya sunday, weather permitting.

troutseeker
11-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Rosachi ranch is one of my fav., spots Cap'n..every cast ya have action darn near....bridgeport? not sure dirty lake with nice trout...good luck guy...

gbslade
11-10-2007, 07:28 AM
My wife and I fished the East Walker between the dam and the first bridge in the 3rd week of October. The water was horrible: low, slow, full of algae and smelly. I got nothing on flies; she caught two browns at 14" on Panther Martin, black with yellow dots. The flow then was 39 cfs. This morning it's 21 cfs.

Good luck.