PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 11/5/07

Pyramid_Kid
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Made it out to Pyramid Lake with Hetchy, Scott (Hetchies brother), and Doc. *We went out on Bob's (Hetchy) beautiful 23 ft ACB boat and headed south towards Indian head and started trolling about 930 am. *We picked up a few fish between Indian head *and Wino Beach but nothing to brag about. We wandered in and out of the shallows pulling flat fish with 1/2 oz - 2 oz banana weights. *Then we tried to get the suspended fish over the deeper water on the down riggers and picked up a couple more on Lymans and Apex's (hockey sticks). *About noonish we decided to head over to Red Bay just north of the Pyramid Rock. We went back to about pulling flat fish with 1/2 oz weights in very shallow water 4-6 ft with really long set backs of 100 + ft. *Trolling north with got into some more fish. *My estimate is that we brought roughly 20 fish to the boat, with alot of ldrs and missed hook sets. *Biggest fish to the boat was nearly 24 inches, smallest was maybe 14 if it was lucky and many others inbetween 24 and 14.

The hot color flat fish was a pearl white color, though I had success with my green and gold echip sting fish, and red and black echip sting fish.

Once again Bob I had a blast and enjoyed driving your boat. I look forward to going out with you and whom ever comes with on your next trip..

PK

Oh yeah we also talked to Tradjety Springs on the radio and gave them a wave our way by to the other side. Three guys in that little 14 ft Lund, it was kinda comical to see.

chicofishrmen
11-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Sounds like a good day, but where are the pic's! Nicely done guys! Oh yeah, this report needs pic's! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

drstressor
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Silly rabbit. Pics are for kids. ;)

It's the info that matters. 8-)

Hetchy will be there for a few more days. He'll have plenty of pictures to post.

fernley_tim
11-06-2007, 07:30 AM
sounds like fish all over the lake ;) I am taking the wife and granddaughter out in an hour or so so threre should be pics 8-)

drstressor
11-06-2007, 07:50 AM
I'll bet that Tragedy Springs thinks that Pyramid Kid guy sure has a nice boat. ;D

It's prime time at Pyramid now with the temps in the low 50's and the fish finally acting normal. More big ones should be moving in close every day now. I gotta give in another shot this week with this great weather.

Next week might be a good time for you California folks to think about combining a Pyramid trip with the Cabela's opener.

CHICKFISHING58
11-06-2007, 08:43 AM
sounds like fish all over the lake ;) I am taking the wife and granddaughter out in an hour or so so threre should be pics 8-)

Yeah I got a call from Kell I saying she was going fishing and I cant :'(

Go Kell I get one for the SISTERHOOD [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

Pyramid_Kid
11-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I'll bet that Tragedy Springs thinks that Pyramid Kid guy sure has a nice boat. ;D

The Pyramid Kid does have a nice boat [smiley=captjack.gif]!!! Just not as nice as the one I was on when we saw Tragedy Springs yesterday [smiley=worthy.gif].

troutseeker
11-06-2007, 10:06 AM
how about pics of that beautiful boat and fish >??

drstressor
11-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Hetchy will be there for a few more days. He'll have plenty of pictures to post.

tragedyspring
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
YES that was a nice boat PK- i knew that it didnt look like the one at the bottom of your posts. ;D we did really good all three days that we were camped near the indian head rock. the largst fish was just under 24" :o we had to throw it back though :'( you will never guess what the hot setup for this trip was.................my favorite kokanee setup- a 3/0 watermelon seps dodger followed by a 8 inch leader and a pink RGT. with a single size 2 barbless hook. that setup caught 50% of all fish brought to the boat. the other 50% was any 7/8 sppon with red in it. white with red dots, black with red dots, white and red swirls, either by themselves or with some flashers in front. deepest fish caught was 27 ft on the rigger 150 ft back with a spoon. most were caught just a few feet down on the rigger or toplining. most fish were in the slot 16-19 inches, about 10 were larger than 19 inches. none were caught over 24. It was cool seeing PK and his crew out there, really- there werent any boats out there. we pretty much had the place to ourselves. And yes we probably did look funny three grown men in a 14 ft aluminum. But its ok I brought extra deodorant. besides, the fish didnt seem to care. all together the four of us caught easily over 50 fish in three days, one of my best fishing trips of the year. I LOVE PYRAMID LAKE! thank you to all the sniffers that gave me some advice before we left. ( PK, DOC, OTDRSMN, CHICO, if I forgot somebody sorry)

Pyramid_Kid
11-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Well you know its not the size or type of boat that matters, as long as you do it safely and have a good time. ;)

tragedyspring
11-07-2007, 06:22 AM
- LIKE MANY OTHER THINGS IN LIFE ;)