PDA

View Full Version : Pump house?

YountvillePete
03-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey to all: been talking to a few buddies, told them about the fishing in the grizzly bay area (how dismal it the 'sturgeon triangle'. Can anyone tell me how to get there if we launch at Brinkmans in Vallejo.
Thanks,
Pete

Bakkie
03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/sanpablobay.html
Here's the sturgeon triangle, You just drive across SPB to get there from Vallejo.

Rock_Hopper
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM
If you're launching from Vallejo you're probably better off fishing in the Napa. Heard reports of sturgeon and a few decent stripers being caught by "big cut"...and a few sturgeon from the Cutting's Wharf area.

YountvillePete
03-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey--thanks for the map, I really appreciate it. Also, heard the bite was on in the Napa river, talked to the guys at Sweeney's the other day, but lately every time I fish the Napa river we just get skunked. Maybe it is a little better now. Haven't seen a good striper bite since last November.
Pete

Fish-On707
03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
If you're launching from Vallejo you're probably better off fishing in the Napa. Heard reports of sturgeon and a few decent stripers being caught by "big cut"...and a few sturgeon from the Cutting's Wharf area.
ha ha ha, you silly wabbit!!!!!!! ;D

Bakkie
03-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey--thanks for the map, I really appreciate it. *Also, heard the bite was on in the Napa river, talked to the guys at Sweeney's the other day, but lately every time I fish the Napa river we just get skunked. *Maybe it is a little better now. *Haven't seen a good striper bite since last November.
Pete

You're welcome, I've never fished that area, but my buddy showed me that map and said that's where we need to go next time. Maybe this weekend. 8-)