PDA

View Full Version : is it safe to mention the 17lb Pardee brown now?

fishtales
10-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Leaving Pardee Saturday, the gate attendant said that a 17lb brown was caught on Tuesday, October 23 on 4lb test by a guy jigging for koke's in the river arm. He stated that the fish was released after a photo, now hanging in the marina. I've caught several up to 3lbs at Pardee, but 17.....WOW! How soon till February?!?

fish_lips
10-30-2007, 06:41 AM
That is a pig! I wish I could land a fish like that. My biggest is only a little oveer ten pounds!

Mickey_Thomas
10-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Sure would like to see that pic' :D

SuperDave
10-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Leaving Pardee Saturday, the gate attendant said that a 17lb brown was caught on Tuesday, October 23 ...

There's an attendant with a mind for marketing.

flatcom
10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Leaving Pardee Saturday, the gate attendant said that a 17lb brown was caught on Tuesday, October 23 ...

There's an attendant with a mind for marketing. *
no pics= no proof ;D

troutfan
10-30-2007, 02:51 PM

There's an attendant with a mind for marketing. *
no pics= no proof ;D
Yep! ;)

TroutWagon
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I'll be ther next year for a couple derbys, so I 'll be looking in that marina for that photo and If I see it all take a photo of it and post it.

johnbfishin
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
A buddy of mine caught a 5#er, the guy at the marina said that was a good one, triple that plus some.....makes me wonder where the ones in the mid-range are. Not that 17# isn't possible, there was a huge bass caught there recently.

AllFishNoWork
10-31-2007, 04:16 AM
I won't say it didn't or couldn't happen. Perhaps 17 got confused with inches or pounds, perhaps the attendant had put down a few belts or perhaps it is the truth. I checked their web site and no mention or pic of it and they usually do a pretty good job of promoting good catches there.

Mark_Damron
10-31-2007, 04:34 AM
This sounds a lot like the 16 inch kokanee that was reported in May of this year. I questioned it then and when I asked to see the photo, it was missing. When a picture did show up it was of a what looked to be 12 inch trout!!! I was told that it might be a "KOKABOW". I was also told that it was caught by a local guy but the picture show that it was a woman holding the fish, unless the local guy had cleavage, Maybe??
After that incodent, I need more than word of mouth. Not to say that a 17 lb. brown is not swimming around in Pardee and not just because it was a brown. I need more for any big fish report. With a fish that big, there should be a GREAT photo of it. Better yet, Why not keep it and mount it and then we all have real proof. Just my opinon on it, PHM

Blktailhunter
10-31-2007, 09:31 AM
From Lake Pardees website with a picture:

May 5, 2002 ~ CURRENT LAKE RECORD ~ German Brown

Annetta Stephens of Scott's Valley trolling a Father Murphy's bug down 50 ft. at the river mouth, boated a 13.54 lbs. German Brown Trout.

That makes me think a 17lber is very possible.

fishtales
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Additional info to the original post: attendant also said that the fish was kept alive in a live-well (illegal), and brought to the marina for pictures, then released. May or may not be true, I guess we'll know next Feb when the marina opens. I'm not sure that they would benefit much by fabricating the story right before closing for 3 months.

hunkfisher
10-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Go fish the moke above the lake youll be able to see some big browns running up to spawn, i have seen a 11 pounder caught by a guy by electra definately didnt live in the river! Would like to see that pig though.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

johnbfishin
11-01-2007, 05:56 AM
Annetta Stephens of Scott's Valley trolling a Father Murphy's bug down 50 ft. at the river mouth, boated a 13.54 lbs. German Brown Trout.

That's also where my buddy hooked up with his 5#er trolling a silver/blue Kastmaster, and where kokes are usually found. I'm thinking there is a connection here. ;)

Mickey_Thomas
11-01-2007, 06:00 AM
What year was that anyway? With all the small Kok's in Pardee I'm sure there's big Browns in there, by big I mean anything over 5 lbs ;) Now you've got me feeding the trolls ::)

Blktailhunter
11-01-2007, 09:19 AM
What year was that anyway? With all the small Kok's in Pardee I'm sure there's big Browns in there, by big I mean anything over 5 lbs Now you've got me feeding the trolls

MAY 5, 2002

kong
11-01-2007, 10:40 AM
A picture is worth 1000 words, or at least a 1000 more miles trolling ;D after a report like that. Good luck and tight lines to all, Kong

Kokehunter
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
I was up there on the closing weekend and that Brown was just at 13 pounds. Didn't go to the marina but all the locals were talking about the picture that they saw. We will have to wait till' February to see it. He did say after he took its picture, he released it.