Playing hooky with the boys fri am.
Was planning on launching @ Packers,
anyone fished Shasta recently.

Is the launch ok there?

-jr

Woody
10-31-2007, 07:07 AM
TroutPirate

We fished Shasta this weekend for the first time. We launched from Bridgebay the ramp there is fine. I have a 21ft North River and had no issues at all. We fished the dam area both days mostly toplining for trout although there are a lot of salmon deep right now and I didn't have heavy enough line on my downrigger rods and lost some tackle due to break offs. We caught 20 trout biggest one 19" most of them caught on blue/silver Wee tads. We also used silver/blue sling blades and silver blue humdingers. On the Salmon we used blue paddle tails with any blue dodger.

Good luck

Woody

TroutWagon
10-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Fished there two weeks ago in the shasta trout derby, It seem the fish were concentrated at the dam in the cendimuni launch area. top lining cripplers and humdingers in silver/blue were the ticket and the top guys in the derby were trolling 3-4mph to get the bigger fish. No dodger or flashers on there and heavy shad scent pro-cure gel. I did good at 7ft 70 ft behind the downrigger ball running 2-2.5 mph. Run up the mcCloud arm and fish the caverns area over the humps. Good luck tpirate!

Rich