PDA

View Full Version : Red Sunday - 10/28 (PICS)

Captain Compassion
10-28-2007, 01:19 PM
The negative battery terminal in my truck was loose so it hadn't been starting or charging correctly. Cleaned and re tightened it and decided to charge it up with a trip to Red Lake. Arrived around 10:30 and fished for a couple of hours on the south shore. The lake was still covered with slime along the shore. The shore line and roads were wet. Must have rained there last night. C&R 3 10 inch Brookies on a 1/4 oz gold Kastmaster. The fish were hitting soft so I mised lots of strikes. Saw one other trout caught from a boat. There were several bait fishermen fishing off the dam. They had no luck. Saw a wonderful Bald Eagle. Having caught fish from Red on three consecutive trips Red is now on my good side.

CC

RED SUNDAY
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/102807-01.jpg
BALD EAGLE OVER RED
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/102807-02.jpg
EAGLE CLOSE UP
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/102807-03.jpg
BROOKIE IN THE SLIME
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/102807-04.jpg

Seon
10-28-2007, 03:23 PM
[left]
The negative battery terminal in my truck was loose so it hadn't been starting or charging correctly. Cleaned and re tightened it and decided to charge it up with a trip to Red Lake...

Any excuse to go fishing works for me too ;D.

Great pics.

Mr_Ed
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Are you any relation to Ric1Ric ?? ;D ;D ;D

You keep giving all those pictures and info out, and I will
finally have to go up there, and fish that lake again!! ;)

Nice report..............

Get it while you can, the snow gods will be due in three weeks.....
Here in Nevada we usually have bad weather for the Nevada day perade in Carson city..(Nov31)....... and then the "Big one" two week later.

Zucca
10-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Ed, where have you been? Nevada day is October 31 and the parade was yesterday! ;)

Captain Compassion
10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Get it while you can, the snow gods will be due in three weeks.....
Here in Nevada we usually have bad weather for the Nevada day perade in Carson city..(Nov31)....... and then the "Big one" two week later.

I figure a month until Caples, Silver and Red freeze. So I'll pay attention to these lakes. The season closes in California on the 15 of Nov so there is one trip to Bridgeport in the works. After mid November my thoughts will turn towards Pyramid. I wish Davis were open I would certainly spend some time there in November.

CC

Captain Compassion
10-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Any excuse to go fishing works for me too ;D.

Great pics.

Exactly. 8-)

CC

cgagex3
10-29-2007, 06:36 AM
I will have to remember that one for my wife, "charging my battery", now that is very inventive. ;)
Looks like another nice day Capt., I came this close to going up Saturday before sticking to Camamche instead. Well maybe this weekend if mother nature cooperates.
I have really noticed a reduction in the cutthroat population coming out of Red this year. It seems that last year I had an even split between cutts and brookies, this year I have only pulled out one cutt and all the rest have been brooks.
CG

Mr_Ed
10-29-2007, 07:32 AM
lone angler;

So they had the parade on the wrong day!!

People make mistakes............. ;) ;)

When I was at work, I alwasys got a kick telling everyone that
we got "Holloween day" off............ ;D ;D ;D

Since it and Nev. day were both the 31st.

They would look at me and say, * *"Really" ??

Captain Compassion
10-29-2007, 07:44 AM
I have really noticed a reduction in the cutthroat population coming out of Red this year. It seems that last year I had an even split between cutts and brookies, this year I have only pulled out one cutt and all the rest have been brooks.

Very few Cutts but those that are being caught are of good size. Most over 18 inches. Worth working for.

CC

GCinGV
10-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Any one been catching any decent size Brooks in Red? When they first re- planted it 4 years ago or so there were tons of Brooks between 11 and 13 inches. I figured then that there would be some big ones by now.
GC

Captain Compassion
10-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Any one been catching any decent size Brooks in Red? When they first re- planted it 4 years ago or so there were tons of Brooks between 11 and 13 inches. I figured then that there would be some big ones by now.

Biggest Brook I've gotten so far from Red is about 15". I'll keep trying.

CC

Troutoholic
10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
looked like a great day, the only time i see bald eagles is when im in trinity county....

Captain Compassion
10-29-2007, 02:13 PM
looked like a great day, the only *time i see bald eagles is when im in trinity county....

That's the first one I've seen at Red. There is a resident Osprey there that like to watch you fish. There are a couple of nesting pairs of Bald Eagles at Silver Lake around 12 miles away. This might have been one of them come over the pass for a look see.

CC

Troutoholic
10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
yeah... its cool you snapped that pic, good timing :)

Troutoholic
10-29-2007, 03:50 PM
I still hardly see any but i usually come across 1 a year, one time he flew down trying to grab a fish, wish i had a camera on me...