PDA

View Full Version : rancho seco

89_invader
10-24-2007, 11:05 AM
any been fishing ranco seco? they have been planting there for the last three weeks and was going to head up there this saturday with my tube and new fly rod. Let me know what you think.

ignorantfisherman
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I was thinking of going this weak for some 3 eye trout. went last munth and the only thing i cought was a 4 foot king snake, smelled me up sumthin feirce...
But now i have my yellow kayak riged for planters so ill be there

89_invader
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
well if you are going to be there I will see you there. I will be in my tube and ready for my first fish on my new fly rod. If i see the kayak i will say hey. see you out on the water. and good luckk.

89_invader
10-27-2007, 11:05 AM
went out today and had a good outting. caught a lot of little planters but ad fun. there are so manyh fish there right now and if you want to do some catching for only 5 bucks this is the place to go. bankers were nailing them with rainbow glitter powerbait.

rivertamer
10-27-2007, 03:48 PM
That sounds like a plan for the kids. Thanks for the report.

troutseeker
10-27-2007, 03:55 PM
any been fishing ranco seco? they have been planting there for the last three weeks and was going to head up there this saturday with my tube and new fly rod. *Let me know what you think. *

myself??? I think it's a great idea, go for it !!

cgagex3
10-28-2007, 06:00 AM
hey 89, what was the water level & weed level like. I don't think I have been since May but even by then the weeds were getting high enough for you almost tangle your feet in when back in the coves.
On a cool day this is a quick fishing fix lake for me, only about 10 minutes from home and you can catch trout and bass for $5.
CG

89_invader
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
the water clarity was really good and the weeds were not bad at all. the water is a little low. hit a couple patches of weeds but nothing to bad.

89_invader
10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
That sounds like a plan for the kids. *Thanks for the report.
it is a graet place to take the kids and should go and take them. there was a father and son out there and his son was catching fish all morning and was having a blast. good luck.