PDA

View Full Version : Another Lake Natoma / Rainbow Bridge question

MGood777
10-27-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm gonna drive by there today and scope the place out for fishing tomorrow...

Where do you park and walk to get down beneath the new Rainbow Bridge?

dar_fisher
10-27-2007, 09:24 AM
The last time I want,the boat was closed. you would have to put in at Willow creek if you have a boat of any-size you might have some problems that said. Willow Creek is off Auburn Folsom Road you have to be coming from the north east to turn off I think, and to get to the new bridge you would come from Greenback lane about 1/4 mile from the stop sign on Auburn Folsom road. You should have a state pass to get in.

Dar Fisher :)

dar_fisher
10-27-2007, 09:27 AM
That is boat ramp was

Dar fisher :-[

MGood777
10-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I was talking about by foot. Where do you park to walk up and fish the narrow rocky parts between the bridges?

Denny1969
10-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I was talking about by foot. Where do you park to walk up and fish the narrow rocky parts between the bridges?

Park at the Negro Bar Access on Greenback.

Denny

infeugo
10-27-2007, 12:53 PM
use the negro bar entrance,the boat launch is closed.
there are 3 parking lots the one to the left goes near the bridge take the path from there.BUT...i went across the bridge(folsom-auburn rd) and made a rt , then made the first rt turn i saw (near graveyard)and drove towards the river through the housing division there, off to the lt at the end there seems to be a park/walking path (paved) to the river..i didnt walk down ,but i am going to ck it out a.s.a.p...no charge there!

Empire
10-27-2007, 02:29 PM
You can park in Old town Folsom and walk across the Rainbow bridge. There is another bridge upriver a little for the bike trail. Both are a nice walk and FREE parking!

rivertamer
10-27-2007, 03:04 PM
thanks for the info about the boat launch being closed. Is it closed due to low water or repair?

Tigers_Fan
10-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I have fished Natoma from shore a few times, only a little farther up the lake/river than you speak of. I parked at the Folsom Zoo/Library (Natoma St. and ? There is a sign letting you know where to turn). Park close to the picnic area then start walking north. It can be a bit steep, and if it is wet it can be very slippery - Be Careful!

Once at the lake/river, know that there is usually a decent current cutting through that area. Bring a decent amount of weight if you are bait fishing.