PDA

View Full Version : Sly Park and the MET

Captain Compassion
10-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Thinking of going to Sly Park (Jenkenson) tomorrow. Any hints for shore fishing and is the MET open and clear? Thanks in advance.

CC

JMat
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
CC,
Hope this isn't too late for you to get it. *I was on Mormom Emmigrant Trail on Thursday last week it it was totally open. *
The two places I would fish would be the second dam(which will actually be the first one you come to heading west on MET). *Depending on the time of the day decides which side you fish, stay out of the sun and I usually fish around the buoy line. *At this location you'll catch anything from small Macks to smallmouth and rainbows. *You can also park by the first (second you cross from where you're coming from)dam. *Fishing the west side is probably your best bet, it's deeper there. *Although if you work your way around the penninsula between the dams you can stay in deeper water. *If you go into the park and pay your $8 :o you can drive to the back of the lake(the Narrows) and it has decent fishing as well. The problem with this lake is it is so hit and miss. *I cleaned up last week and caught a few 2lb and 1 3.5lb rainbow, but those are few and far between. If I didn't have to work tomorrow I would offer to buy you a beverage at a local brewery, they make there own rootbeer and ginger ale.
Good Luck
JMat
PS Not to worry, my fish are used to a little dirt ;D

Captain Compassion
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
CC,
Hope this isn't too late for you to get it. *I was on Mormom Emmigrant Trail on Thursday last week it it was totally open.

Got the message and I'm gonna go. Mrs. Compassion is going so there will be lots of pics. Thanks

CC