PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 10/22 report **PIC ADDED**

ultralightfan
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
First off, the pics are coming later today. *Camera needs to charge.

Took my brother-in-law out this morning for some trolling since I did pretty well on last thursday out there. *We put the wedding rings on both rods and set off for the dam.

First rod in the water (late) at 8:30am. *First hookup at 8:31am *8-)
Lucky for us it was a 4.5 pounder *:o

Then, the bites continued with us hooking up on about half of the hits. *Trolled around the dam and adjacent points and the tubes in Heron Bay for another 4 before we decided to head to the narrows to see how the fish were coming along down there. *Same as earlier, get the first rod out, start adding the nightcrawler piece to the second rod, and before I even cut the nightcrawler in half, first rod is going off ::) *How lucky can we be? *

Obviously not that lucky since that was the only LDR of the day *:-[

We did pick up one more fish trolling back to the boat launch. *The bite came almost directly in front of the launch dead in the middle of the lake. *

Totals for the day:

4 trout on orange/gold wedding ring
2 trout on black/green wedding ring

I will post the pics tonight or tomorrow. *Gotta get some sleep *;)

Old_School
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Nice Report!
Thanx,
Are you putting any sents on the crawlers?
I hope to get out on sat.

ultralightfan
10-22-2007, 05:17 PM
No scents, just plain 1/2 crawler. I did see one other boater catch one on a J-7 in a perch pattern, but nothing else.

I am still marking fish down to about 60 ft, with a lot of fish stacked between 47 and 52 ft. Most of these fish were in groups of 2 or 3. I thought that some of these were stripers as other fishermen were fishing for them with bait and getting blown up, but they couldn't get the fish to hold the hook. I tried a chrome/red sling blade with a tube jig on the downrigger with a little procure scent, but no takers. Sure wish I had some shoepeg corn to see if those are Kokes.

HiTechTrout
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
I tried fishing for them Sunday inbetween trout trolling and am pretty sure they were Kokes. I did pull up a catfish among them who liked the corn. The water temp at those depths was perfect for Kokes at 54 to 56. Unfortunately I could not get them to budge.

firetrout
10-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Ultralightfan Nice job on catching today. *I was the one in the blue/silver Lund with sniffer stars and yellow Lab who slept most of the day. :D *I ended up with 2 small ones that were released. *Also had 3 short strikes. *All mine came on the J7 Perch pattern Rapala. *I'm glad you let me know about the perch pattern, *no takers on orange or wedding rings.

On my return back through the narrows I saw 2 boat circling a bouy. *So I said to myself, someone knows something! :-? *I saw them land about 4 between the 2 boats. *A 10.2 lber :o :o caught by a woman with her husband, what a nice fish. *Saw him at the dock 1o minutes later and he released a 9 lber on the next pass. :)

One fellow had a great day catching stripers in Heron Bay in a cove.

Fishing is getting HOT!

Hooked
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry but what is LDR?
Great report thanks!

steveo79
10-22-2007, 10:06 PM
I asked the same question last week. LDR, long distance release. Painful, but less painful then what I thought, lost down rigger.

ultralightfan
10-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Firetrout - I think I talked to you down by the dam. *We actually followed eachother for a while and I picked up a fish right around the corner from the dam in the edge of Heron Bay, and then you came right behind me and caught one also as we were turning around to make another pass. *I have sniffer stars, but I have *misplaced* them when I moved this summer *:-[ *It was nice talking to you. *

Here is the picture of the 6 we ended up catching today. *All are headed for the smoker.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc102/ultralightfan/HPIM0734resized450x336.jpg

Danksta408
10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Is it time to bust out the ultra-lite, powerbait, and flourocarbon already?!?!......LOL