PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Lake

Trout Tracker
10-15-2007, 05:43 AM
Wanting to go to Rollins since it is close to home.
Just wondering how it would be this time of year ?Or would i be wasteing my time.I figure most of the skiers are off the lake.
And i have heard that the 5 mph zone is a good place to start.
Thanks.....Bob

T.T.T._Guy
10-15-2007, 07:35 AM
I live in Colfax just three miles from Rollins Lake and I drove by the lake yesterday and it is very low. They have been letting alot of water out so since you live close to the lake you might want to drive by first before towing your boat up and see what you think.
It looks like you can still launch your boat but the lake is very very low.

Mr_Ed
10-15-2007, 09:14 AM
If you could still launch, I would say go for it !!

Less water means, better odds, if the water temp is ok ?

jcarman
10-20-2007, 08:48 PM
TT-

Give it a try. It might muddy up pretty quick with all the rain, but if it isn't try a medium kastmaster with a crawler on it off the points. I llike to fish Rollins when it is storming for both rainbows and browns. Try the Greenhorn point and up the arms as well. Good luck!

troutseeker
10-20-2007, 08:55 PM
GOOD luck its a good lake with big trout

916towerguy
10-21-2007, 06:46 AM
From what I have experienced and heard it is hard to fish once the water turns muddy.

Trout Tracker
10-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Went to Rollins as planned and was able to launch my 14ft boat.The water is way down and i guess cause of the rain the water is a bit muddy.
Started out in front of the dam with blades and crawler set up on one pole and rapala on the other with no takers.The water was 63 degrees and i was scopeing fish from 15 to 50 feet deep.
Went up the river arm and did catch 1 sucker fish and that was it.
Seen alot of fish feeding on top so tried top lineing with 0 success.
I did fish both arms ,several of the coves and other than getting bit off a few times no fish in the boat.
Seen one other boat on the water and they said they haden't caught nothing either.
I did try several different set ups ,then the whole tackle box and nothing .
But all n all just getting out and on the water was good for me.A nice peacefull relaxing day . 0 fish-but 100% relaxing day.
Bob