PDA

View Full Version : Eagle lake 10/12 -14

jcarman
10-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Took my first trip to Eagle Lake this weekend. On Friday, I went with Bryan Rocucci, Big Daddys Guide Service. This guy is a class act, worked hard to make sure we got nice fish and taught me a lot about the lake, the fish, the forage, and how to present our baits to the fish ;). I would definitely recommend Bryan to anyone wanting to learn about the Eagle Lake and it's trout! Bryan got us limits on Friday, and then went out on our own on Saturday and Sunday with limits both days as well. Biggest fish was 4 lbs, 11 oz, and the smallest was 2 lbs. 7 oz. I heard some dinks being caught on the radio, but we never got into the small ones.

A variety of baits and locations produced the fish, but Troxel Point seemed to be the most consistent location for us and brown grubs the best bait. That being said, we caught (and heard about) fish being caught all over the lake with most everything we threw in the water. Stick baits with orange in the pattern seemed to work very well also, although Bryan will cringe when he finds out we were using stick baits with treble hooks! ;D ;D The floating grass was the biggest issue, but getting your bait under the water on the wire eliminated all that, which was a new technique to me!

That place is an awesome fishery...too bad the drive is soooo far! Next year I will be making the return trip, but instead of driving directly there and back I'll be making stops on as many of those northern lakes as possible!

SuperDave
10-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Nice report fishduck. *You wounded some egos with that one. * ;)

Bryan is a great guy to spend the day on the water with.

jwirch
10-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Nice job on the trout fishduck!! Hope you left some fish in the lake, we'll be up there next month. Those weeds in the Troxels can make it a lot more work, but the results are well worth it. Enjoy those trout, they are the BEST ;)