PDA

View Full Version : Trout in Clearlake?

knc512
10-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Anybody know if there are trout in Clearlake? Me and some buddies are headed to Clearlake for the weekend of Oct 19th and wanted to know if I should bring my trout gear along with my catfish and bass gear. Any input would be great.

Keep on Hookin,
KNC

waterdog
10-10-2007, 07:37 AM
There are NO trout in Clearlake. You will find lm bass, crappie, blue gill, catfish and carp.
Waterdog :)

knc512
10-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Man that sux I was looking forward to getting my trout gear wet. Thanks for the input Waterdog.

Keep on Hookin,
KNC

jwirch
10-10-2007, 10:53 AM
There are no trout in Clear Lake :( My In-laws have a house on the water in Buckingham Park, and I have never heard of a trout being caught in this lake. Have caught LMB, cat fish and blue gills, sorry about that. However, Blue Lakes are located about 1/2 hour north, which does have trout. These two lakes are very nice and have a good population of trout. I would fish upper Blue Lake, due to low water levels. Give it a try, I think you would be pleased with the results. Use all the standard gear.

Fish_R_Us
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Try Upper Blue Lake or perhaps Indian Valley Res. for trout.

fishpeddler1
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I grew up on Clear Lake and agree with the other guys that it is not a trout sustaining lake so don't bother trying for them. however I HAVE caught two small rainbow trout from there. my guess is that they most likely came down from one of the tributary creeks that I used to fish when I was a youngster and didn't know any better. good luck

Bass_Sergeant
10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I grew up on Clear Lake and agree with the other guys that it is not a trout sustaining lake so don't bother trying for them. however I HAVE caught two small rainbow trout from there. my guess is that they most likely came down from one of the tributary creeks that I used to fish when I was a youngster and didn't know any better. *good luck

They must all get gobbled up by the monster bass in there! 8-)

/me

camotracker
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
you can go just 20 minutes on hwy20 and you 'll be at blue lakes. they have trout there. they just planted the other day