PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake?

Paisano
10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Any Eagle Lake reports? *Thinking about making the trip, *but that's a lot of gas just for the scenery.

TCtrout
10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey Paisano
Me and my two boys are heading up Thrusday for three days of fishing. If you do end up going, and you have a radio give me a call on 69. Hopefully you get a couple of reports, I think Martinez Frank was up there over the weekend.

TCtrout

Martinez Frank
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok, I was there from tuesday to sunday, Tuesday afternoon I trolled up by the youth camp with a orange grub and picked up 1 about 3 lbs, Wednesday, I fished with a guide Fishtraveler we started up by the youth camp at daybreak and picked up 3 ranging from 3-5 pounds on orange grubs and a pink rgt staying 2 ft off of the bottom adusting as we go I just want to say that Tim (Fishtraveler) is a class act and very informative I enjoyed fishing with him it was a good time, thursday I fished by myself in the tules early and nothing was happening so I trolled the youth camp and in front of the tules and picked up 1 on a orange grub, Friday morning it was snowing so I waited to go out until the afternon when my wife and 2 kids showed up we picked up a nice 5.5 pounder infront of the tules at the air srtip on a worm soaked with garlic at 4 ft otw Saturday I fished the tules and trolled the youth camp, bucks bay and rocky point and came up with a skunk, all in all it was a good trip it is still slow some guys did bettter than others. Pics to follow as soon as I get them downloaded, it was cold over night and windy in the after noon the trolling speed was from 1.2-1.7 on the gps

Mickey_Thomas
10-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a good time during a tough bite Frank, 2 five pounders in one trip is really good ;) Sorry I missed it :-/

Martinez Frank
10-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I am sorry you missed it too there Mick :D It was kinda lonely and I had to ride a mountian bike to the boat every day

BryanBDGS
10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Any Eagle Lake reports? *Thinking about making the trip, *but that's a lot of gas just for the scenery.

I was out Friday in the snow and Saturday. Our better bite was Friday on orange and brown grubs close to the bottom. We found most our fish on the east side of the Spaulding bay. Saturday we got a couple up north then returned to the east side of the spaulding bay to finish up. Brown grubs were tops but orange still got a few.

vvbob
10-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Well as Mickey said; two 5+ fish is not too shabby, good going Frank. Sounds like brown is the color with orange starting to make a showing.

TCtrout
10-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks for posting your report Martinez Frank.

TCtrout

Topaz_Tom
10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Nice Report Frank, What was the water temp??

Martinez Frank
10-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Tom, the water temp was 50

Topaz_Tom
10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Tom, the water temp was 50

Thanks Frank, it should be below 50 by the time we get there on the 17th :) ;) Seems like the colder it gets, the better it gets :D

HSUSteelie
10-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Those are the first 5lbers I have heard about, so congrats! Nothing came into the store over 5 all summer. I agree, Tim is an awesome guide, not to mention he plays a mean guitar.

Man I wish I could get up there one more time :'(

KISSAFISH50
10-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Martinez Frank,
congrats on 2 5#ers,you did better than us. tried to look you up at the
RV area a couple of times but must have just missed you. we only got
12 the whole week, but as usual had a great time with good friends.
I'm sure we passed on the water numerous times but didn.t know what kind of boat you had. Hopefully I'll get to meet you somewhere down the road.

Martinez Frank
10-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I was in the front row at the RV park, the motorhome on the far right and my boat is a blue and white bayliner with a blue top, sorry we missed each other

Paisano
10-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks to all for the Eagle Lake updates. *Hopefully, *I'll get up there and meet some of you. *'Til then, *tight lines!