PDA

View Full Version : Sharks in the water!

Freshwater_J
03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey fellow anglers! I am goin out to try and get some shark tomorrow an was wondering if anyone knew of a good spot? I have one in mind but haven't heard much about it... My cousin just got back from Iraq and wants to enjoy his free time before going back... He has never fished shark, and I would like to take him out.. Please, any info would be great... Thanks guys.. FISH ON!

CDK
03-01-2009, 04:54 PM
You didn't say if floating or hoofing. From shore the bar at Tomales is where I head. ;)
Tell your cuz I said thanks for the job he is doing ;D

drinkin_buddy
03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I would say Tomales Bay also, there are so many different types of shark and rays that you cannot go wrong. Glad to hear your cousin is back even though it's just temporary.

Freshwater_J
03-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Yea, I was thinkin Bolinas, or Tomales... Ive never failed at either spot... I will let him know you guys send your respects. Thanks

Freshwater_J
03-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, we went out today, despite the weather an all! :-[
About 20 minutes in the water, my pole got SLAMMED! Hit so hard it nearly took it off into the water! But nothing! :'(
10 minutes later... SLAMMED again! set the hook... Nothing, I was pissed. Even though we got SOAKED! we had a good time.. Thanks for you info all guys... Until next time.... FISH ON! :D

Ugbomb
03-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Its all about the east bay!!!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/ugbomb/Shark-1.jpg
big HEN!

shon42073
03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Ugbomb, Thats a baby leopard dude ;D. Alameda rockwall, oakland airport, and san bruno shoals are all excellent shark spots, a boat is recomended.

Ugbomb
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Dont have a boat dude! Maybe if you fix the economy and give me my fifth work day a week back, I might be able to afford one down the line. ::)

Freshwater_J
03-03-2009, 08:40 PM
ya, I would like to have a nice boat... I don't think my 12 ft aluminum would handle the big waters

calijames
03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
heya fresh. You mentioned you got slammed twice fishing for shark and could not hook them. Here is a tip. You need to set your drag as loose as it will go without the current taking line. When a leopard shark hits he is going to run with it. Some times as long as 20 or 30 seconds. He will then stop. Then tighten your drag and on the next run set the hook. I was losing 3 or 4 out of 5 strikes before i got this tip. Now i hook em 4 or 5 out of 5 times. And i use a med to large midshipmen if i can get them. Pretty much the only thing that will touch them are the shark. That way your night fighting batrays all day. Alot of people like squid but i for one get tired of pulling in sand shark and bat rays every 15 min,

Richard_Kwon
03-06-2009, 09:37 AM
* *And i use a med to large midshipmen if i can get them. Pretty much the only thing that will touch them are the shark. That way your night fighting batrays all day. Alot of people like squid but i for one get tired of pulling in sand shark and bat rays every 15 min,

calijames

where's a good place to get midshipmen? Thanks

wmgraphics
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Great tip CaliJames. That's what I do for AR stripers with live bait. No more lost fish and bait... just more hookups.

Freshwater_J
03-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the tip! I will try that next outting....