PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lakes 9/30

fishing_man
10-01-2007, 04:45 PM
went and went to my spot on the peninsula at 6:30. got out my line with chartruse pb. nothing so then put on spring green for nothing. also tried power eggs and power worm and nothing again. so moved to kiosk cove and tied on the 1/8 kastmaster. was getting small bass and releasing when my friend said he thought he saw a big ish. he didnt know what it was so i kept casting in that area. on like the 11th cast BAM fish on. put up a great fight with 4pd. test on my light action rod. good thing i had bought a net the day before because it would have been hard to land the fish. my friend landed this very nice rainbow trout. was walking by the front office where you pay and the lady saw it she asked if i wanted to weigh it. 5 pounds wow i had my scale say 6 pds. ::) but oh well they took my picture and everything and i guess they will put my photo up. they asked for my info and the lady didnt belive i caught it on a kastmaster. well that was the day at quarry for me

fishing_man
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
o yeah it meausered 24 in :)

Manteca Steve
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey fishing man
Nice job, :D Quarry lake is a small lake. But it could fool you with some nice big trout! :)

tragedyspring
10-01-2007, 07:29 PM
i dunno- I never catch anything really there :(
i guess its just me.

joshc40
10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
My dad caught a nice one on a worm. The only problem was, it was covered in parasites. So we released it. I caught nothing on powerbait that day. But I did catch some small bass. Jointed rapala, the miracle worker.

fishing_man
10-01-2007, 10:04 PM
joshc were you fishing rainbow lake for the bass or where for them also what color rapala

joshc40
10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I was actually fishing horseshoe with a rainbow colored rapala. That lure really does the trick. I've caught quite a few bass on that lure than any other in my tackle box. The fire tiger also works but not as well as the rainbow patterned one. For some weird reason they just love this lure. I've seen a couple big fish follow this lure and even one hit it but didn't stay on. I've only caught one two pound smally with it but have def. had a couple good hook ups that were way bigger then two pounds. That day I went fishing I actually saw a nice bass hit it as it was floating to the top. The key to using this lure is, reel it in slowly, jerk it a couple times, then let it float and repeat. They usually hit when it floats to the top but you'll get the occasionally odd ball that hits it as its swimming in the water. I would say this whole summer i've caught more then a hundred or so bass with this lure. I'm not sure if the six inches count or not but if they do, over a hundred. This lure really is great.

BusterBrown
10-02-2007, 05:00 AM
Wow

Great job......I haven't had much luck at Quarry, both shore and boat. You were there at the right time. :)

ultralightfan
10-02-2007, 05:22 AM
It's 6:30am and I can't sleep. Oh well, I guess I should go to the Quarry. Stay tuned for a midday report!

sikkwidditt
10-02-2007, 06:51 AM
pictures would be nice.....its so hard to catch a fish from quarry.....Is that true the trout got parasites......but thats a planted trout..........anybody confirmed this!!!

ultralightfan
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I have caught quite a few trout from Quarry Lakes, but forget it this time of year. Wait until the middle of next month as long as it doesn't get hot again. A word to the wise...I have caught over 80% of my trout from this lake between the hours of 5:00am and 7:00am.

joshc40
10-02-2007, 03:21 PM
pictures would be nice.....its so hard to catch a fish from quarry.....Is that true the trout got parasites......but thats a planted trout..........anybody confirmed this!!!

I went there last Saturday and my dad caught a nice 1.5 pounder but it was full of parasites. This thing had like 13 sores and some parasites were coming out of them. It was nice but filled with bugs so we let it go. But I did manage to catch some bass like the post before says.

BusterBrown
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
where is the hott spot on the lake :-X

Fisingdod
10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Here's a couple of pics of trout from Quarry w/ my son (warning: crappy cell pics)

Caught while trolling on my inflatable
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Rhik/Fishing/th_Quarrytrout4.jpg (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Rhik/Fishing/Quarrytrout4.jpg)

From Shore
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Rhik/Fishing/th_Quarrytrout2.jpg (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Rhik/Fishing/Quarrytrout2.jpg)

From Handicap Pier
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Rhik/Fishing/th_Quarrytrout1.jpg (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Rhik/Fishing/Quarrytrout1.jpg)

fishing_man
10-03-2007, 05:12 PM
dod where did you catch those at and what were you using those different times? which way do you cast of the pier

joshc40
10-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow, I havent seen trout that big at quarry since this man dropped his PB next to the swimming area fence. Nice fish and pics man.

fishfinder42
10-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Nice pics man!!! The first pic looks like a small mouth bass though....

Fisingdod
10-04-2007, 10:30 AM
dod where did you catch those at and what were you using those different times? which way do you cast of the pier

First pic, Fish were caught while trolling using Kastmaster
Second pic, fish caught on shore using PB
Last pic, casted straight out using trout pattern broken back rapala

Fisingdod
10-04-2007, 10:35 AM
* *The first pic looks like a small mouth bass though....
Those are trout, although I caught a few LM and SM while fishing from shore at Quarry plus I always C&R all bass.

BusterBrown
10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
what is the best strategy and bait ......shore or boat

joshc40
10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
The broken back or jointed rapala really works well at Quarry. I've never caught a trout on one, but plenty of good bass on it. Try it at rainbow over the weeds, its pretty much guaranteed catch. As for trout, use worms. Power bait has not been working for me lately. I would try a blown up worm because you really don't know what your going to hook. Might be a trout,bass,catfish, maybe even a bluegill. Thats one of the joys with fishing with a worm, anything will hit it.

BusterBrown
10-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know what the plant schedule is for Quarry :)