PDA

View Full Version : Fawnskin Lake

Hamilton
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Any news on how much damage was done to the surrounding area and the lake itself (Fawnskin lake near Big Bear Lake) ? Sure do have some great memories from that place.

Chuck

bankerbull
10-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Any news on how much damage was done to the surrounding area and the lake itself (Fawnskin lake near Big Bear Lake) ? *Sure do have some great memories from *that place.

Chuck

chuck what happened there and where is fawnskin lake?

Hamilton
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
There was a major forest fire up there last month and I was just wondering if anyone had any information.
The location of the lake; near Big Bear lake about an hour north east of Orange County. If I remember correctly.

Chuck

HookedOnQuack
10-02-2007, 08:44 PM
My wife's grandparents had a vacation cabin in the town of Fawnskin, on the north side of Big Bear. Nice quiet area. Never heard of a lake there, but I'll ask my in-laws. They used to run a summer camp up there for L.A. kids back in the '70's

Hamilton
10-03-2007, 03:26 PM
My wife's grandparents had a vacation cabin in the town of Fawnskin, on the north side of Big Bear. Nice quiet area. Never heard of a lake there, but I'll ask my in-laws. They used to run a summer camp up there for L.A. kids back in the '70's

Thanks, I really appreciate it.....I don't live down there any more and it is hard to get timely information.
I do have some fond memories from that place.

Chuck

HookedOnQuack
10-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Here's a link to a google map. No Fawnskin Lake that I can see. *The lake to the east of Big Bear is called Baldwin Lake

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=Fawnskin+Lake&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl