PDA

View Full Version : Desolation Wilderness weather?

windknot51
09-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to be up in Desolation in early October and I'm wondering if any of you guys who live in South Lake Tahoe or who have been up there recently can give me any information about the weather in the next couple of weeks. I heard it snowed recently?

Thanks, Matt

Treebeard
09-26-2007, 02:32 AM
I was at the base of Horsetail Falls this past Sunday evening... could see a dusting of snow still above the eastern side of that canyon. Don't know how much stuck within the basin up there though. *It's supposed to be relatively warm this week, but things change pretty quickly up there! Regardless of what you find out in advance, this time of year I'd be sure to travel prepared for anything.

As I was leaving Pyramid Creek - at dark - there was a party of 3 going in who said they had forgotten matches or any other firestarter... I almost hesitated giving them a couple of lighters, not wanting to encourage that level of preparedness ::)

When you come back, please tell how the fishing was!
Where in Desolation are you going?

BreakofDawn
09-26-2007, 06:12 AM
This weekend is suppose to be sunny...Low 29 High 70 long range shows about the same. No snow in the forecast at least for now and the next ten days>

SierraSkier
09-26-2007, 06:19 AM
We have frost in the morning in South Lake and then perfect fall days. I bet the fishing is awsome up there.