PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes

fishfinder42
08-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello Everybody, I am new here and look forward to meeting new fisherman. 8-) I fish Quarry lakes every few days or so. I will be looking for people to fish with occasionally. I fish for Trout, Bass and sometimes Catfish. Anybody have any reports of Rainbow or Horseshoe? Thanks!!

fishing_man
08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
welcome to the boards!!!
i used to go everyother day but havent gone like in 3 weeks. :( yeah but where and what do you use to fish for bass there?? did you ever get any thanks!!!
FM

fishfinder42
08-01-2007, 03:35 PM
I put more detail on the Bass Board but I usually uses rapala's. I have only caught little 6" ones by the christmas trees with a firetiger f5. I have just started using senkos more and tried those by the weedbed at the other end. I saw about 5 or 6 but could not get them to bite, i think they saw me and were just laughing. I just started bass fishing and haven't caught anything bigger than 6 or 7". I heard it's a tough lake so I won't beat myself up too bad but it would be nice to get one. I had a big one on at the creeks behind oakridge mall but it buried itself in the weeds and I broke my line. Hit me up on the bass board...

joshc40
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I've fished this lake many many times but have not been very successful. The only day I can remember catching something was a few months ago. That day I caught three trout on corn powerbait. I cast out extremely far that day. Maybe half the lake on the peninsula. My advice to you is make your leader extremely short, maybe a few inches or so. Since the weather has gotten much warmer, the trout are in deeper water. The only time when the bite will be good is early in the morning. Get there as early as possible and leave as early as possible. The bite at Quarry stops, literally stops at around 11. To be honest with you, I've have never seen anyone catch fish between the hours of 11-4, for trout that is. For bass, I would use a blue and silver castmaster. Gold works well too, but the blue and silver one has produced more fish. I have learned this from personal experience and from the other fishermen I have talked to. I've never caught a keeper bass before at Quarry, but I definitely hooked a couple that were dam close. I caught one that was a quarter of an inch short! Gave a pretty good fight though. I've caught a dozen smallmouth on the blue and silver castmaster and a few tiny largemouth as well. My brother has had some success with a roostertail also. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

fishing_man
08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I've fished this lake many many times but have not been very successful. The only day I can remember catching something was a few months ago. That day I caught three trout on corn powerbait. I cast out extremely far that day. Maybe half the lake on the peninsula. My advice to you is make your leader extremely short, maybe a few inches or so. Since the weather has gotten much warmer, the trout are in deeper water. The only time when the bite will be good is early in the morning. Get there as early as possible and leave as early as possible. The bite at Quarry stops, literally stops at around 11. To be honest with you, I've have never seen anyone catch fish between the hours of 11-4, for trout that is. For bass, I would use a blue and silver castmaster. Gold works well too, but the blue and silver one has produced more fish. I have learned this from personal experience and from the other fishermen I have talked to. I've never caught a keeper bass before at Quarry, but I definitely hooked a couple that were dam close. I caught one that was a quarter of an inch short! Gave a pretty good fight though. I've caught a dozen smallmouth on the blue and silver castmaster and a few tiny largemouth as well. My brother has had some success with a roostertail also. Hope this helps and good luck to you.
where were you fishing from

fishfinder42
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that's why I haven't been fishing for trout lately. I caught a 14" at the end of fisherman's row on june 23rd about 7 p and got an 18" between the boat ramp and the fishing pier @ 7 am on the fourth of july. Have you tried the back of Horseshoe? I have been wanting to get there but never seem to make it before dark. Oh and I got both of those with chartreuse pb. I am trying to figure out the depths because it is summer. I know it's deep by the pier but i don't know how deep and if the fish are there or on the other side. And yes any info helps, thanks for your help. Maybe i'll see you there sometime. Look for the turquose ranger. 8-)....... [smiley=laugh.gif]

phisherKev
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM

I went out there a few times this year and caught an 7.5 pound trout on Char power bait at 130 in the afternoon, I usually have better luck later in the day here but have not been there lately.

fishfinder42
08-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I went out there a few times this year and caught an 7.5 pound trout on Char power bait at 130 in the afternoon, I usually have better luck later in the day here but have not been there lately.[/quote]

Where the heck did you catch that bad boy? :-? At the back of the lake or what?

STURIPER
08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I've fished that lake since the doors opened legally 8-) I always fish the left side of the swim area and it has produced lots of fish 2 to 8 lbs.. The 8 lbs was stung by my 8 year old boy ;-)

Power eggs soaked in cod liver oil ;-)
Sting 'em

Joey

fishing_man
08-01-2007, 09:19 PM
STRUIPER thats where i fish!!!! and i do the same but sometimes with PB. what color eggs did you use????thanks
FM

fishfinder42
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Left side if you are on shore, or left side if you are looking at it from the boat ramp? Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate all the help. Every time I take my little brother out we get skunked. Hopefully we can find a fish for him. :) That's cool that your son pulled out an 8 pounder!! He must've been stoked. I just caught a bunch of rainbows in a stream in Twain Harte with my dad and they would only hit salmon eggs. They were also planters so I was thinking of trying that tactic at Quarry. I guess I was right based on your guy's feedback, I've also got some white gulp power eggs i'll try. Thanks again, we'll see if I can get deep enough to get some bites!!

phisherKev
08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
I have had my luck in fishermans alley about 200 feet after the bend after the boat launch. (although the crowds there can get annoying)
:-/

STURIPER
08-02-2007, 05:22 AM
STRUIPER thats where i fish!!!! and i do the same but sometimes with PB. what color eggs did you use????thanks
FM

I like to use White and lime green with a light green power worm!

Sting'em

joshc40
08-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I saw this man one time who was catching fish after fish. He had powereggs and some kind of oil. This oil was black, and was in a black container also. Nobody else was catching fish except this guy. It was crazy, in an hour, he caught two trout, and a three pound catfish on power eggs and "black oil". Anyone have any ideas what this "black oil" may be?

fishing_man
08-02-2007, 12:45 PM
its cod liver oil and i use it on my power eggs also and i sometimes use it with a power egg/worm combo.

joshc40
08-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Are you the guy who fishes at Quarry lakes and cast very far out? I'm talking to fishing man.

fishing_man
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
i mean im 14 so im not a grown man but i use a 1oz. egg wieght to try to launch it far.

joshc40
08-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Then your not the guy I'm talking about. Do you have good luck at Quarry? I usually get skunked when I'm out there.

fishing_man
08-02-2007, 09:36 PM
yeah i actually do everytime i go i at least get 1. the last time i went 3 weeks ago i caught three on spring green PB dunked in the cod liver oil