PDA

View Full Version : Slab creek res.??????

tcbritton
08-01-2007, 06:15 AM
Anyone fished this piece of water near placerville it looks really nice but the boat ramp is very small and the turn around youll have to disconnect your boat but Ive never seen anyone fishing it :-?

Mr_Ed
08-01-2007, 06:26 AM
With a name like that, I sure hope it has Crappie. ;)

JMat
08-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Fished it many times from the Camino end as well as the Pollock pines end near the powerplants. *Never launched a boat there because I didn't have one until a few months ago but I've seen quite a few boats out there over the years. *Depending on water the water level you can launch from the east end but you'll need a 4x4 because you launch off a sand beach. *During the summer months you'll find alot of kayakers on the lake as well. *I don't usually fish there during the summer because the water can get pretty warm but I have caught quite a few browns and some mountain whitefish over the years. *I'm guessing that because the sides are so steep you might be able to use a downrigger during the summer to catch fish.

JMat

TP
08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Beware Smud just put up two big steel pipes at the dam launch and there is a big sign that states that trailers are not allowed. Use to fish there all of the time but they pretty much closed the boat ramp for me.

Quacker
08-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Slab is full of squaw fish and suckers. I have heard of some trout being caught. I would be very carefull about launching at forebay road, you can launch in the morning and come back in the afternoon after they sucked the resivoir down and not get your boat back to your truck because the calm lake where you put in is now a rip roarin shallow river about 500 yards away from your truck. On hot days they can suck that res. down quick.

fishwalla
08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
There are some browns in there.I have never caught one but have seen some caught by people returning from fishing.A down rigger may be the ticket because the lake is very deep and steep.I have snorkeled much of the lake and the previous poster is correct that it is full of squaw fish. Let us know how you do if you go out.

bankerbull
08-02-2007, 08:01 AM
There are some browns in there.I have never caught one but have seen some caught by people returning from fishing.A down rigger may be the ticket because the lake is very deep and steep.I have snorkeled much of the lake and the previous poster is correct that it is full of squaw fish. Let us know how you do if you go out.

Finally !! Somebody admitting they have NOT CAUGHT a brown trout !! Sir, you are, indeed, a rarity on this board...

Quacker
08-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Brown's are caught mostly near the surface. I have never caught a brown with a downrigger. The south fork is full of native browns and I have caught a few, one that was 5lbs!