PDA

View Full Version : the dead sea

lazylab
07-28-2007, 05:57 PM
:) did the dead sea today had GVF as copilot 8-) met dad + kids at the ramp 8-) i set the sragetey for the day for both boats ,for a big fat skunk :-[ the water was down quiet a bit , or maybe it was me refilling my boat every hour >:( the plug was in! fish marked stacked an no go, dad+kids had old waypoints from a previous owner but followed my bad tips :-* ::) beautiful sunrise an good company all around kept the spirits high :) 8-) we will all meet again an continue to fish an hope to catch a fish :) GVF if the sunrise pic turned out can you post it 8-)

Mickey_Thomas
07-28-2007, 06:36 PM
did the dead sea today had GVF as copilot There in lies the problem ;D ;D ;D GVF hasn't caught a fish since Flaming Gorge ::) He had to take his wife with him so she would put one in the boat last time out, you need another lucky charm ;D ;D ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
07-28-2007, 06:37 PM
;D ;another great day to have lunch out on the lake Thanks for the ride today and good to meet John and John on the lake to bad the fish didnt want to cooperate :o :o

The dead sea lived up to its name

johnbfishin
07-28-2007, 06:38 PM
The sunrise there with Old Man Mtn. silhouetted is quite a sight and probably worth the trip....assuming that's the pic anyway 8-). Too bad you didn't get'em to bite this trip.

Garden_Valley_Fish
07-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Geeze mick did you have to tell everybody >:( >:( :'(

lazylab
07-28-2007, 06:44 PM
:) the man has a nack for fish !we spotted an saw lot's maybe it was me , we tried a few tried an true for nothing but a good time 8-) would you like to take a trip to the dead sea with me mickey :P

lazylab
07-28-2007, 06:55 PM
:)johnB if it is to the left of signal peak looking at the back it was , why we all wake for in the mornin. fish are all a plus 8-)

Mickey_Thomas
07-28-2007, 07:23 PM
would you like to take a trip to the dead sea with me mickey Not till GVF's bad juju leaves your boat ;D ;D maybe next time I'll take you and GVF out on my boat, he seems to do better on my boat :D that's the good thing about being friends, you can tease the heck out of him and he doesn't take it personal ;) ;D ;D ;D I'm laughing with you Rich, not at you :D

johnbfishin
07-28-2007, 08:41 PM
:)johnB if it is to the left of signal peak looking at the back it was , why we all wake for in the mornin. fish are all a plus 8-)

That's the one, I've hiked to top of that Mtn. with a buddy that has since passed..... this was years ago of course when we had nothing better to do. ;) Old Man Mtn. is kind of a monument to a bro 8-).

Dad+kids
07-29-2007, 05:58 AM
What a great day on the Dead Sea. The fishing was bad, but the company and the experence were all worth it. Lazylab and GVF coached up my boat, which was filled with a bunch of rookies(myself, my Dad and my two boys) and off we went. Had one strike and a lot of good memories. I am sure that next time we will get them all!! Thanks lazylab for the invite into your home lake. Can not wait to do it again.

Garden_Valley_Fish
07-29-2007, 06:24 AM
I remember a time when I couldn't catch a fish on your boat Mickey but your right I have done better out of your boat lately :-/

Dad + kids has got a sweet set up and the kids do it all they had the boat all tied down and the gear put away while we BS'ed in the lot what a way to go hope to meet again John and John

Old Man Mtn. is kind of a monument to a bro

Heres your "old man " John
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/509/medium/IM000858_a.JPG

Mickey_Thomas
07-29-2007, 06:35 AM
I remember a time when I couldn't catch a fish on your boat Mickey but your right I have done better out of your boat lately Well since I notice that you were fishing without any hooks on your lures it helped ;D I visited my boat yesterday, covered with dust, and lonely :'( :'( :'( We'll get on the water soon Richard, soon ;)

johnbfishin
07-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Nice pic GVF, when it's snow capped you can see that Mtn. from Citrus Heights. Sunrise is always the best part of the day, fish or no fish. 8-)

AllFishNoWork
07-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Nice picture Rich! Sorry you guys didn't get into the fish but sounds like a good time was had none the less. I'd like to visit the Dead Sea myself.
that's the good thing about being friends, you can tease the heck out of him and he doesn't take it personal Now Mickey does Rich know how you talk about his golf? Not that I'm one to talk, I didn't want to go with you guys 'cause I thought you 2 just wanted to take my money :-/

Garden_Valley_Fish
07-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Sunrise is always the best part of the day, fish or no fish.

So true John so true

Allfish after the first game I couldn't go anywhere in Georgetown without somebody mentioning how Mickey beat me so bad :-/
Your moneys safe ;D ;D ;D [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

johnbfishin
07-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Allfish after the first game I couldn't go anywhere in Georgetown without somebody mentioning how Mickey beat me so bad :-/
Your moneys safe ;D ;D ;D [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Did he put the score card next to the pic of big Bertha on the refrigerator at the store? ;D ;D ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
07-29-2007, 07:11 AM
All the stores and the lumber yard down in Greenwood. :o
You'll have to ask Farrier Frank if he put it up at Lances Place.

Mickey_Thomas
07-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Allfish after the first game I couldn't go anywhere in Georgetown without somebody mentioning how Mickey beat me so bad *
Your moneys safe Not true, I just told 2 firends, I guess they told two friends and they told two friends and so on ans so on ;D ;D ;D Hey, I hadn't swung a golf club in 7-8 years, I was just glad I hit the ball at all :D

lazylab
07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
:) man was this post highjacked :o ;D

Mickey_Thomas
07-29-2007, 01:50 PM
What did you expect when you don't catch any fish? ;D ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
07-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry LazyLab, my bad on the hijack...but it did make this thread the hottest thread on the trout board ;D

johnbfishin
07-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry LazyLab, my bad on the hijack...but it did make this thread the hottest thread on the trout board ;D

And when lazylab says the dead sea is dead, it's really dead. 8-)
I've had some of my best fishing there in the fall though so all's
not lost.
I'll think I'll be in Auburn the weekend of the 8th so maybe we can give it a go.

lazylab
07-29-2007, 08:18 PM
:) mickey you pick up rich dust off the boat an meet me on 80 any time 8-) ;D we still have a while on the ramp , i blame it on the moon ;D allfish no bad we all do it , an i keep coming back ;D johnb give me a pm your boat or mine [smiley=pirate.gif] [smiley=winkfs.gif] or we can meet on the ramp 8-) for the major highjack dad+kids did you see the accident on the way down from yuba gap? the truck or the tahoe towing one or the other on a car dolly , jacknifed blocking both lanes an the big fed ex hauler on the side of the road?

Mackattack
07-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok where the heck is the dead sea.(?).

lazylab
07-29-2007, 08:27 PM
:) lake spaulding highway 80 an 20 , good luck bank fishing ;D or in a boat ;D

Mackattack
07-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Thank you now I know.

johnbfishin
07-30-2007, 04:24 AM
johnb give me a pm your boat or mine

Hijack #3, or is it #4? ;)
It's a family gathering so getting some fishing time in might just be a fantasy, any time I get close to the Mt's. I try to finagle some fishing time...I'll let you know how things shape up.
I'm working in Sac. this week, you can bet I'll have one eye to the east. ;) ;D

Dad+kids
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Lazylab, Did I see that crash, almost became part of it!!!! Not a cool thing to come around the corner and have that mess in the middle of the road. Thanks again for the invite.