PDA

View Full Version : Tulloch Lake???

phisherKev
07-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Hello fellow sniffers.
I am going to camp at Tulloch Lake in Sept for 4 days, it will be the first time there ( the website looks great for camping,right on the water etc.)
My family(brother who owns a boat) *are not the most patient type :-/ . we have no depth finder so I would love advice on this lake....I dont want your honey holes but would appreciate some tips for this lake where the best place is to fish lures/plastics/bait etc.. *
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I CAN GET MY BRO INTO SOME FISH TO HOOK HIM . ;D..lol would probably be the greatest fish i ever hooked . ;D..lol any ways thanks.

HOOF
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Lake Tulloch is a absolute madhouse of skiiers,jetskiiers,etc in the summer...I would suggest fishing early and being off water by 10am....try the bridge to up rivers with flashers crawlers and when sun comes up throw that on leadcore...Also by dam is ok but the river seems to always produce

Slim
07-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Have fun.

Post a report...

Never fished it except one time from the bank under the bridge.... caught a couple of small bass..

Slim

iron-man
07-26-2007, 08:40 PM
There was a report and a similiar question re Tullock a while back. Go some where else, like Mc Swain on the merced river. Nice places to fish from the bank , and from a boat, No Fast watercraft allowed and the water comes out of a dam just above it so it's relatively cold and they plant it often and I believe they have good campsites. Or better yet go to Spicer, better place to camp, cleaner air, fewer people and a beautiful lake. Fish are being caught there right now trolling at 40-50 ft deep. I M

HOOF
07-26-2007, 11:37 PM
spicer rocks

phisherKev
07-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the response...WOW doesn’t sound good lol.. But I am stuck as I am tagging along with fam and friends (the camp sites look great etc.) I am a newbie at trolling if we go out early with only an inboard/out motor what is the best speed to troll? A lil past idle? It is an old boat and speedometer doesn’t work until 15mp or so... I got a lot of obstacles in front of me I know, but I love fishing they love boating/tubing and I NEED help.

twoelk48
07-27-2007, 05:34 PM
:) Kev tell you what get ahold of me I take you in my boat an introduce you to fishing and where, Kent

Athlete24
07-29-2007, 04:14 PM
All I have to say is be careful. I recently had a friend's brother get hit by a jetski while tubing. He was air lifted to UC Davis and suffered a broken hand, arm, pelvis, a bruised lung, ruptured splien and liver damage. He should fully recover though.