PDA

View Full Version : I talked my wife into...............

bigbuzz
02-05-2009, 08:23 AM
going fishing with me this sunday in SF.

I dont care what i catch I just want to catch some thing.
The bigger the better.
I want to get her hooked on fishing like me.

Can some body please tell me whats easiest to catch and with what bait.I was thinking using something that i can buy at safeway and going on a pier.

squid for batrays?

G.Billena
02-05-2009, 10:00 AM
I use whole squid for the mud marlins(batrays)....keep your reel on freespool and clicker on....they will give you a good run.

My wife wont go with me anymore....last time I had her in a boat we were fishing for about 8hrs in the rain with no cover..no more for wifey ;D for now at least.

żżż
02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Gettin' the spouse hooked on fishing should be the same approach as getting the kids hooked, only bigger fish.

Don't know if winter in the bay is the optimal time to try 'converting' her... :-/ Take herout to Kuleto's for a nice dinner and a stroll by the water. ;)

I say wait for the summer when there's rockfish, lingcod, halibut, stripers and (hopefully) salmon.

gmdcdvm
02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I agree with Mooch. Winter time bay fishing is less than ideal for getting someone hooke. But, if this is the only time you can go then targeting sharks and rays would be best. Squid works great and night time is typically better than day time, but they can be caught at any time.
Good luck,
G

Bakkie
02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I agree, summer time would be better. You can catch Halibut, rockfish, stripers....

trk12fire
02-07-2009, 12:10 AM
It's hard to anchor the boat, but there's a lot of stingrays in the oakland estuary, under the bridges.

hooked_fishin
02-07-2009, 12:16 AM
i'll lone you some crab traps u can drop them just outside the gate. she'll get a kick out of that. my wife loves it. and shes a girly girl.