PDA

View Full Version : Gold Lake

lazylab
07-23-2007, 06:14 PM
:)Did the annual fishing , camping trip to gold. the boy boat an dogs in tow early weds mornin, met the wife an sis-inlaws kids at the ramp at 1pm. lucky my boy an i got there when we did not 2 mins after beaching somebody was looking for the last site. *the *weather weds was unbelivable , we were in front of the storm the whole way 8-) rained till night on weds . Woke to another beautiful sunrise thurs , time to fish ;) started for planters first , for the crawdad trap . take two for the trap an have fun with the rest. *Go an find my brook trout pond is overrun with people taking little 8" brooks :'( *set the trap on the lake an scout out the mack , waypoints marked an start the hunt for a big fat zero. go pull my trap *8-) take the sis-inlaws kids for a planter run for the trap . trap set i start to plan fri , do the early am run for browns , pull the trap *8-) take the kids for more planters for the trap. do an afternoon mack run lost one to the wire,one to my need to use the cup, an a nice 6 to 7 # at the net do to operator error ::) fishing by yoreself *sucks. another planter run fri night for the trap,sat slept in pull trap an planter run. go to the pond one last time, open *::) 2 casts an a little greedy 8" had to take him treble came out between the eyes *:-[ couple more casts dinner on a nice 2# brook 8-)headed back to camp . made the usaul trap an planter run . sunday pulled the trap an time to pack an go home,met some sniffers, sorry bad memory ::) nice to meet you , but i have to find a higher lake to many people for me. one article in apaper a few years ago was all it took >:( i have some pics but don't know how to post, so if someone wants they can pm me :) :)all planters seps mini troll flashers an green or red wedding rings with mini crawlers toplining , macks were on a broken back rapala on the bottom

fishlipd
07-23-2007, 07:13 PM
nice report. sounds like a cool place, I'll have to check it out sometime.

Salmon1
07-23-2007, 09:54 PM
is your "d" key broken/missing?? :-?

Dad+kids
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Nice report. Sounds like even though it was crowded, and it always is atd Gold, that everyone had a great time.

Cash11
07-24-2007, 03:19 PM
i fish gold lakes all the time...this little brook pond is it little gold? i hike up there often and catch a whole bunch of dinkers on dries, small but super fun

lazylab
07-24-2007, 05:14 PM
:) salmon1 sorry can't spell to your likeing ;D dad+kids it was beautiful had a very peacefull weekend got to see alot of ol friends. we used to do a 4-wheel run up there every year Gold lake crawdad run , but the forestrey service said no go after the clubs made all the trails safe for travel >:( the 2 youngest of my sis-inlaws 11 & 13 are challenged so they were my fishin buddies for the trip, they will have many stories of uncle carlos 8-) john we all may head to the dead sea before school starts for a weekend let me know what works :) Cash11 not little gold , we hike up to deer or summit lakes 8-)

Grande_Dan_G
07-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey Lazylab,

It was nice to be setting there at the dock watching the kids go for a swim, and see some stars. The two sniffers you saw at the lake were E-Grammer, and Grande Dan G. We did not do very well at the lake but had some good food, and cold drinks.

lazylab
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
:) it was very nice meeting you both 8-) which one has the marron jet ? you had enough people on board when i fought that fish to at least ask to board an help with the net ::) :-* :-* i know wind, waves, motor still going , an solo :-X :) good group of kids you both have, the sis-inlaws were land bound at that point , or they may have boarded ;) :)

lazylab
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
:) troutfan what was deleted , can you pm me please :) i'm out for now will log back in in the mornin 8-)