PDA

View Full Version : anyone fish twin lakes?

BirdDawg
07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
going to be up around bridgeport hunting early oct........I'm a big brown trout fan so I was thinking on trying my luck......I like to run rapala's fast and deep bouncing off bottom..........this works great at mammoth pool's....will this work at twin lakes?

Captain Compassion
07-25-2007, 04:11 PM
going to be up around bridgeport hunting early oct........I'm a big brown trout fan so I was thinking on trying my luck......I like to run rapala's fast and deep bouncing off bottom..........this works great at mammoth pool's....will this work at twin lakes?

That is how it's done at Lower Twin and there indeed some very large Browns in that lake.

CC

troutfan
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
That's the right time of year to "rip" up a big brown. ;)

FishSierras
07-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Ripping rapalas/AC Plugs will produce the biggest browns. Bronze Thomas Buoyant lures from shore from 6 pm till dark always bags some good browns. Call Ken's Sporting Goods in Bridgeport.

BirdDawg
07-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Thanx for the info......now if I can just get my reel fixed.

JPFX
07-26-2007, 07:19 AM
I was at Lower Twin a few months back. Caught nothing but small rainbows. The guy who owns the little bait shop at the dock said the large (6" or so) Rapala's is the best bet for the large browns. Didn't work for us though. He said the best time was the last few hours of the afternoon.