PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake...trying to escape the masses...

fishlipd
07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
...but no such luck. There seems to be nowhere you can go anymore without running into a bunch of people. I even tried to hit up my honey hole on Silver Creek where I found hybrid goldens, and someone was camping there! This place is 5 miles into the middle of nowhere in 4x4!!! What a bummer :( Oh well there's always next weekend and I cant wait until fall when summer vacation is over, guess I'll just polish my gear up and get ready for fall BROWN fishing... :D

StrokerAce
07-23-2007, 08:08 PM
That sux, I love loon one of the last places this time of year that you can fish wihout downriggers and lead core. A good ole set of flashers and a worm. Have caught some nice browns out of there. But now I go on Mondays if I want peace.

johnbfishin
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I don't have any trips to the mountains planned until the fall just for that reason. Besides the lack of people, I like camping when there is a chill in the air, a fire is a necessity and the aspens are changing color. Not that I don't enjoy the summer camping but the fall is best IMO.

PickLeNose
07-24-2007, 05:10 AM
On the short trips, the wife and I pretty much only camp from mon-fri, we also plan our trips for the weekdays AFTER a holiday. Our last trip was to stampede, we arrived late sunday afternoon on July 8 and the place was for the most part deserted. Was a nice trip.

johnbfishin
07-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh yeah, another reason I like camping/fishing in the fall is that I don't need to get up at 4:00am to be on the water at first light. ;) ;D

fishlipd
07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I like fall for all those reasons, especially can relate to the chill in the air...I love dragging out of my tent freezin my butt off. :D Also in the fall you know ( or hope) the snow is coming soon... ;) and big brown trout are on the hunt. :o I can't wait [smiley=yahoo.gif]

johnbfishin
07-24-2007, 05:32 PM
I like fall for all those reasons, especially can relate to the chill in the air...I love dragging out of my tent freezin my butt off. :D Also in the fall you know ( or hope) the snow is coming soon... ;) and big brown trout are on the hunt. :o I can't wait [smiley=yahoo.gif]

When the dogs water bowl is ice in the am., that's a good sign. ;D ;

lazylab
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
:) when the water from the motor or the jugs on board are frozen are a very god sign 8-) the dogs don't cry to go out of the tent :) are we there yet ;D