PDA

View Full Version : Evening Run Silver, Caples, Red 7-19-07 (pics)

Captain Compassion
07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Arrived Silver Lake 5:30. Fishing between dam and Kay's C&R 7 planter Bows with 1/4 oz Gold Kastmaster. There were some people fishing off the dam with Power Bait and worms. They caught a few earlier. One guy in a kayak was catching one after another with a small Roostertail.

Arrived Caples 6:35. Fished by earth dam and peninsula. No fish, no strikes. A Family fishing there had no luck with bait.

Arrived Red Lake 7:35. Very windy. Fished at corner of dam. Caught no fish but had several strikes and lost a nice one after a short battle. This is a successful day at Red in my book. 8-)

CC

Arrive Silver
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/0719-01.jpg
Fighting Silver Rainbow
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/0719-02.jpg
Caples Lake
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/0719-03.jpg
Red Lake Sunset
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/0719-04.jpg

dano
07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Capt,
Love Red and it's my sons favorite. My biggest came there a few yrs ago. 4#12oz. to the left of the dam @ halfway. that was fun on my ultra lite. I thing the ones a little smaller fighe better tho. They get airborn.

Captain Compassion
07-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Capt,
Love Red and it's my sons favorite. My biggest came there a few yrs ago. 4#12oz. to the left of the dam @ halfway. that was fun on my ultra lite. I thing the ones a little smaller fighe better tho. They get airborn.

I keep trying it. Some day I'll hit it right.

CC

hunkfisher
07-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the report capt looks like silver is my spot to go up and early tomorrow!!!!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Captain Compassion
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the report capt looks like silver is my spot to go up and early tomorrow!!!!

I actually only fished about 20 minutes. Spent most of the time talking to some guy from Lemon Cove. Cast to the outside of the buoy line by the dam. Use something gold.

CC

RenoTroutGuy
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
very nice!! looks like I may have 1/2 a chance..thanks for the report from silver lake

red_perception
07-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Cap'n, Thanks for the update. In the evenings on small Trout lakes try casting a fly under a bobber ;) The constant slapping of your kastmaster will spook wary wild trout. Hope this helps. Good luck, Eric :)

Captain Compassion
07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Cap'n, Thanks for the update. In the evenings on small Trout lakes try casting a fly under a bobber ;) The constant slapping of your kastmaster will spook wary wild trout. Hope this helps. Good luck, Eric :)

I used that technique a lot in my younger days. My favorite place for that was Lake Mary near Mammoth. On a calm evening at Red it might not be a bad idea. A #14 skeeter or something. Maybe I'll rig up a second rod with 2# test. It wouldn't have worked at Red yesterday. The wind was howling. Thanks for the tip sir.

CC

cgagex3
07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I will be heading up tomorrow early am, start at Red and probably hit Caples on the way back. I hit them both a few weeks ago and had success at both. Red has a nice shelf that is hard to hit from shore but if you hike over past where the submerged tree stump is at to the west of the dam area there is a steep drop off about 30 ft off shore. Run something bright and flashy a couple feet down and you will find fish. From my pontoon I cast in to shore and bring it out, prefer to use gold kastmaster. Here you can http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1183472428/0#0 check earlier post. I will post results (hope for good ones) tomorrow.

Captain Compassion
07-20-2007, 03:02 PM
I will be heading up tomorrow early am, start at Red and probably hit Caples on the way back. tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. Heading for Blue in 10 minutes, Gotta go. Bye.

CC

Rebel
07-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I will be on the water at Silver around 6:30 in the morning. I will post my report when I get back.

Mackattack
07-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Again and again the Capt. goes fishing allowing us at home to experiece his adventure,s with great pics of his ordeals in the wild. [smiley=worthy.gif]
He is one of the awsome sniffer posts that keep me going to work daily till vac. time. [smiley=clap.gif]

Rebel
07-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I was at Silver with a buddy on Sat. morning. *We started trolling around 7:30 for a half hour of nothing. We decided to anchor near a hole right across the lake from the dam where the creek runs in. We saw several guys trolling and tried to stay out of there way. We had 8 in two and a half hours and started catch and release. Left around 3:00 with 16 caught for the day and went home with 10. Most were planters but had a nice brown and a good looking native.

Rebel

garrett_s
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
would a float tube work good at silver?

Captain Compassion
07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
would a float tube work good at silver?

I don't see why not. The area around Kay's and the dam is fairly sheltered and that is where the Kayak folks launch.

CC