PDA

View Full Version : stumpy meadows

fishingrookie
07-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm heading to stumpy this weekend never been there can it be fished from the bank or is a boat necessary? I'll assume the usuals work worms, power bait. also are there streams to fish in the area? Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TitanIke
07-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Hey fishingrookie,
I just joined so I could reply to this, I have fished Stumpy for years.
*My friend and I were talking yesterday, he went last weekend, got skunked, but he arived late.
*The best bet for Stumpy is troling, small Ford fender set up with a leader then a needle fin, or just a trebal hook with power bait or a worm.
*Although I have caught fish troling from my kyack with just a needle fin.
*I think best bet for shore fishing would be lures in the am, live grass hoppers, meal worms, or power bait floated a few feet from the bottom.
* I personaly haven't been to Stumpy for a year, but I guess they just stocked it last week.
*I hope this helps, good luck
T.Ike

LD
07-19-2007, 08:47 AM
As far as trolling goes, I have been doing well with dodger/worm combos, watermelon and rainbow trout colors being the best.
Last week the best depth was 30-35 ft.
Hope that helps,
Let us know how you do, and welcome to both T.Ike and Fishingrookie.

fishingrookie
07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
t.ike and Lite drag thanks for the info. I will try and put it to good use. will post results when I return.

fishingrookie
07-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Fished Stumpy on Friday it was slow. Didn't catch a thing. Drove over to the Rubicon River on the advice from bartender at Uncle Tom's Cabin and caught a bunch from 6" to 12" on a eighth oz kastmaster orange and silver and a few on grasshoppers I caught while fishing.