PDA

View Full Version : Berkley trout dip?

joshc40
07-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Anyone try the Berkley trout dip(corn flavor) before? My brother bought it without letting me know and I'm not sure if it works, well. Never try any dips before, so any info on this dip would be appreciated. Thanks and god bless.

Trout_Terminator
07-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Anyone try the Berkley trout dip(corn flavor) before? My brother bought it without letting me know and I'm not sure if it works, well. Never try any dips before, so any info on this dip would be appreciated. Thanks and god bless.

i have tried it, and i did not notice a difference, so who knows.

Captain Compassion
07-20-2007, 07:29 PM

The Captain once tried making his own. Mrs. Compassion thretened divorce. Never got to try it. :'(

CC

The new and improved Dr. Death.
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/drdeath.jpg

tdrobison
07-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I've had good luck dipping grubs in it at Amador for the cutbows.

--BlueFin

LD
07-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I have had good luck with it on some lakes more than others.
I fish a lot with one guy who uses the same gear I do, and most of the
time, my catch rate is 10-25% higher.
I don't know why that is though... *::) * ;)

bobcatken
07-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I dip my bait in Berkley's garlic trout dip. I don't know if this green goop attracts the fish to my bait, but at the very least it I hope it covers up any residual sunscreen or soap scents from my fingers.

fishing_man
07-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I use cod liver oil.

Captain Compassion
07-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I use cod liver oil.

Buy the jell caps at the drug store. When you want to appily merely stick the tip of the hook into the cap and squeeze the contents over the bait or lure. The drug store also has something called salmon skin oil. Wonder how that would work.

CC

fishing_man
07-22-2007, 09:14 PM
i go to walgreens and they have bottles with it in it and you just dip it in. No gel packs.
Fishing_Man

hunkfisher
07-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Pro Cure carp spit or trophy trout , and berkley garlic dip the only ones i carry and they work when nothing else does.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Captain Compassion
07-22-2007, 09:27 PM
i go to walgreens and they have bottles with it in it and you just dip it in. No gel packs.
Fishing_Man

They have some in a bottle at Rite Aid but it has a mint flavor.

CC

fishing_man
07-22-2007, 10:09 PM
yeah i just buy regular

skipper
07-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Anyone try the Berkley trout dip(corn flavor) before?

I bought a bottle of it one time but the bottle was too small to git the trout in. ::) ::)