PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lakes 7/12-7/16/07

*Deltadog*
07-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Took the fiancee and her daughter to Blue Lakes for our annual vacation. Fish were biting non-stop, all day. Fish were took on all sorts of Powerbait, every color under the rainbow, but they seemed partial to spring green with glitter and some purple larvae flavored crap that I'd not been able to catch a single fish on anywhere else. Mainly fished the East shore about mid-way at the big point (know what I mean?). They were all fairly small, to about 13 inches, but scrappy! In all, the weather was beautiful, and caught about 20 fish over 3 days of fishing, and had a great time on the lake. A local bear is working the campground so lock your goods up for the night if headed that way. I learned the hard way. He cleaned me out one night that I got lacadasical. :o Peace!!
* *Dog

Alan_E
07-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Where is Blue Lakes??????

Hurricane5
07-20-2007, 05:16 AM
On Highway 20, just barely East of the Mendocino County line in Lake County. Absolutely amazing little body of water. It's essentially two lakes, very deep and supposedly fed by underground rivers from the Sierra's. It's always full and clear. Great trout bite. Use to be my favorite spot as a kid, now I just get to look at it as I drive by. :-/ Darn this whole working thing!

If you get a chance, check it out. It's a drive for most but worth it. There are some great private camp grounds and lodges.

Captain Compassion
07-20-2007, 06:04 AM
Where is Blue Lakes??????

There are two sets of Blue Lakes. One in Mendocino County and one in Alpine County South of Highway 88 in the Carson Pass area.

CC

*Deltadog*
07-20-2007, 07:04 AM
I'm talking the ones at 8500 ft. off of 88 at Carson Pass.....
Dog

Captain Compassion
07-20-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm talking the ones at 8500 ft. off of 88 at Carson Pass.....
* *Dog

That's the one I thought you were talking about. I might drift up there this afternoon. I know the place you are talking about and it's usually my first stop.8-)

CC

Hurricane5
07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Hmm, learned something new once again. *Have to try that Alpine Blue Lakes sometime. *

The Highway 20 one is actually in Lake County, but almost in Mendocino. *I still say you should check it out if you get the chance *;).

camotracker
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
that lake on highway 20 is cool. a small lake but lots of planters to catch. there are alot of holdovers that get bigger each year. what's cool is the owner only charges 4 buck to launch.