PDA

View Full Version : ice house

fishingrookie
07-18-2007, 08:14 AM
took the wife and daughter to ice house last weekend. We caught five by we I mean my wife caught 4 :-? and me 1 the smalllest :'( all were caught from bank on worms with marshmallow and one on kastmaster. all planters. what a beautiful lake.

TNT
07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Do you see people trolling that lake? I was thinking about going to that area with the boat. It looks like it would be a great place to stay for a couple of days.

fishingrookie
07-18-2007, 12:52 PM
we were back at the creek inlet and there were 3 or 4 boats trolling who were landing fish.

TNT
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Cool. Thanks.

conrad89
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Where is this lake at? How big is it? Close to Pinecrest size, or bigger?
Is there any regulations on motors and what not?

TNT
07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Good questons. I wouldn't mind knowing some of those answers for the whole Crystal Basin.
Thanks,
--Tom

Athlete24
07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Ice House Reservoir is just north of highway 50 east of Placerville and west of Tahoe and Meyers in the ElDorado National Forest. *It is about twice the size of Pincrest at the about the same elevation. *Same width but about a mile and a half longer. *It is 678 acres and Pincrest is 300 acres. * All boating including water skiing is permitted. *It is known for its trophy brown trout and good rainbow and kokanee populations.
check out this web site http://www.anglerboys.com/IceHouseReservoir.php
or look at the fish sniffer maps.

n2trout
07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Good questons. *I wouldn't mind knowing some of those answers for the whole Crystal Basin.
Thanks,
--Tom
There aren't any fish in the Crystal Basin Lakes.... ::)
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9087/55355555uvr00253vu.jpg
[smiley=rotfl2.gif]

fishingfan
07-18-2007, 09:21 PM
:o

Mackattack
07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Thats a nice trout(mack)intotrout guy. And the snow makes me think it was real cold [smiley=cold.gif]

P.S. why the heck are you in a t-shirt and swim trunks [smiley=suesscat.gif]

Trout_Tamer
07-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Ice House Reservoir is just north of highway 50 east of Placerville and west of Tahoe and Meyers in the ElDorado National Forest. *It is about twice the size of Pincrest at the about the same elevation. *Same width but about a mile and a half longer. *It is 678 acres and Pincrest is 300 acres. * All boating including water skiing is permitted. *It is known for its trophy brown trout and good rainbow and kokanee populations.
check out this web site http://www.anglerboys.com/IceHouseReservoir.php
or look at the fish sniffer maps.
Sorry, no kokes in Ice House, I think they made a mistake on a lot of websites saying there are kokes in there. They may have planted a while back but it probably hasn't been planted with them in a while. Is there 1 or 2 in there maybe. I thought I caught one last year, a little dink, it had to be a koke, but it might of been the last little one in there. Who knows? I threw it back.

quantoson
07-19-2007, 08:18 AM
I went up to Union Valley Reservior for a drive Monday and got a great map. *You can get the same map from the link below.

http://www.smud.org/about/recreation/crystal.html *

At the bottom of the 2nd paragragh, you'll see 4 high lighted items;
click on "map of crystal basin recreation area, the 3rd one down, and it will open a PDF file of the area. *Great map to find out how to get around and and where to go. This next link will let you search for topo maps.
http://www.trails.com/maps.asp

Have a great time.
Oh yeah, I didn't fish jsut went up with the wife to find the place myself. *Wanted to make sure I knew where it is so as to meet Pilot Hill Mark for my free boat ride and fishing trip.

n2trout
07-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Thats a nice trout(mack)intotrout guy. And the snow makes me think it was real cold [smiley=cold.gif]

P.S. why the heck are you in a t-shirt and swim trunks [smiley=suesscat.gif]
Thanks Mackattack *:)
The pic was taken close to April. Despite the snow on the ground it was warming quite quickly so by 11:00 I was down to my shorts and t-shirt. *8-)That was my first time mack fishing on that lake. Believe it or not I lost an even bigger fish at the boat. I fought that thing for like 20 minutes and thought I finally had it tired out. It gave me a big smile and took a run straight under my prop. Bye-Bye Baby !!! [smiley=cry.gif]
So I decided to extract my vengence and took his little brother instead. ;D

fishing_man
07-19-2007, 01:41 PM
did you but the marshmallow so the worm can float? what color marshmallow? What about the kastmaster what color and size? Thanks.
Fishing_Man

fishingrookie
07-19-2007, 02:03 PM
yes the mallows were garlic flavored specifically for fishing. the kastmaster a qtr. ounce blue and silver

Captain Compassion
07-19-2007, 02:52 PM
The Captain has never been to any of these lakes. I guess I know where my first road trip will be in August. Thanks for all this wonderful info. 8-)

CC

fishing_man
07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Alright Thanks

TNT
07-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, thanks for the great info.
--Tom