PDA

View Full Version : lake alpine

IrishAngler
07-16-2007, 10:22 AM
i was wondering if anyone has been to lake alpine recently and done any good? im going camping this weekend in sourgrass at boards crossing and was thinking about going up there and giving it a try. i will be off the bank out by the dam. i have not ever really had much success there but i have seen some real lunkers hanging out there. i also wanted to know if any of u guys fish at boards crossing in dorrington? i have fished there for years now and always have done extremely well, except for this year , the water seems to be really low and fish hard to come by. any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mackattack
07-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Give Ebbets Pass Sports a call in Arnold they should give you a report. And on the way up the hill try Spicer Res. Good luck and report back.

Mackattack

Ron_G.
07-17-2007, 12:06 AM
I went up last Wednesday and fished across from the dam almost under the "no tress" sign. I saw 6 fish caught so I did some c&r and brought home the 'swallerers". One piggie had not only my hook but another which had the line broken. He went home, too. I used orange pb.
Oh yeah, cast way out. Good luck.

Ron

IrishAngler
07-17-2007, 06:58 AM
alright thanks for the info and tips u guys. i will post my results when i get back on monday. the fish that u caught , did u float with a bobber at all or sink youre pb to the bottom like most?

healthyguy
07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
caught five trout. lost two. one fish over 4 lbs.

orange powerbait. sliding sinker rig with an 18-inch to 36-inch leader.

be patient and let them swallow your bait.

After cleaning all five fish, I checked the contents of their stomachs and all were full of orange powerbait...

healthyguy
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
i also watched two guys fish with salmon eggs right next to the dam wall. they parked their boat next to the dam wall, dropped their bait to the bottom of the lake and very slowly reeled up their lines until they got a bite.

they both limited out in less than 1-hour.

i caught my fish anywhere from 35 feet to 60 feet from the shoreline.

IrishAngler
07-18-2007, 06:49 AM
sounds good. i usually use worms or rainbow powerbait but i will be sure to buy some orange . i always fish around the dam as well so im feeling pretty good about my chances. i have seen some real hogs swimming around that dam before, hopefully i can get in on the action. i will let u guys know how i do. My dad is up at boards crossing camping as we speak , i talked to him yesterday and he said he was pulling a fish out of every hole but only one so u really got to work for them but they are definitely there and willing. our choice of bait is crickets. trout love them!!!