PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake Last Weekend

KISSAFISH50
07-16-2007, 07:01 AM
* Camped up at silver thur-sun.Thursday evening tried bait fishing,tossing kastmasters and spinners,for nothing. trolled around
in my bro-in-laws motorized canoe caught a couple on spinners (panther martins,mepps). fri and sat same technique caught more planters 10-14" nothing bank fishing. total about 20 fish at least it was beautiful and relaxing. bro-in-law fly fished the silver fork and caught
a couple of dozen small browns in an hour or so.

HighSierra_Drifter
07-16-2007, 08:09 AM
I was up there this weekend as well. First fish Saturday morning was a beauty 5lb rainbow. Put her back to get even bigger. Action was pretty steady for planters with no fins. Only two small rat macks this trip. All fish caught downrigging at 20-35ft. The EID has put in a collection post for launching at the old Kaye's Resort. Put $10 in the envelope and launch early if you like...no gates or anything.

Drifter

KISSAFISH50
07-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Great job HSD
A 5# would have really made our trip, we were just toplining spinners
couldn't get a controlled depth, you had more luck than most people we talked to. excuse me more skill ;D ;D ;D

red_perception
07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Good reports Guys! Was it super hot? Good luck, Eric :)

KISSAFISH50
07-17-2007, 06:00 AM
RP,
No it was warm during the day 80's beautiful mornings and evenings.
sprinkled a little sat night.
High Sierra Drifter
Saw you on the water, nice boat the red sides with the Steve's fishing supplies, can be seen for a long ways off. We were to old
geezers in a canoe with a small 4hp motor trolling along and waved
at you.

RenoTroutGuy
07-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey folks..

What the water level like up there..having already nailed one prop >:( this year, i am hesistant to bring my boat up there.. :-/ I've driven by it, but not paid much attention to the size as well..I have a 21' bayliner, howz the launch ramp as well???

I'm heading up there to camp this w/e, and am undecided on bringing the tug-boat up. ;D

Thanks for all the info on the Sniffer!

HighSierra_Drifter
07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
OK...I remember you guys :) There were more fish in that hole than anywhere in the lake, but they seemed to be holding in that 20-35ft range. All you guys need is a little clamp-on downrigger to get down to them for a little steadier action. The topwater was running 70.7 Sat and 71.8 Sunday and the thermocline started at 20ft. Good luck up there. We marked some monsters on Saturday...no takers. Sunday they were nowhere to be found. Makes you wonder where they go in a lake that small.

Drifter

HighSierra_Drifter
07-17-2007, 09:57 AM
RTG,

Water levels are fine, but there ARE slightly submerged lunker boulders along some of the shoreline. Definite prop/outdrive eaters. Stay offshore a safe distance and you should be fine out in the open part of the lake. Launching shouldn't be a problem.

Drifter