PDA

View Full Version : Sierra lake suggestion....any Lake Amador report?

SpinReelFisher
07-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm looking for a lake to fish FROM THE BANK anytime from now through the next two weeks. I imagine trout should be hitting but anyone have a suggestion on a particular lake to BANK fish from this time of year??

Ok, now I know this place is a farm lake, with those big 'ol trout shipped in from around Fresno...or where ever...but how's the actual fishing going? Any reports?

Thanks.

The_Big_Sinus
07-12-2007, 04:06 PM
My guess is that if it's below 6,000' and you can't access the inlet stream, you are done until October in terms of decent bank fishin'... If I were going to hit a lake in the Sierra, well, the higher the better... Head up HWy 88 to Caples- EARLY...

Big Ken
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I dont know where you are at or how far you want to drive but maybe the Crytal basin area(Icehouse,Union Valley,Loon lake) is a good bet.

As far as Amador(where they raise there own trout), the big ones anyways, this is the wrong time of year to fish for trout there. From the bank or boat. The trout are in the deepest part of the lake & are not feeding.

fishnphool

Mackattack
07-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Are you going to spend a night or two,if so your options are unlimited just check the maps pages close to your location(Sac.)

Mackattack [smiley=fishing5.gif]

anglinfool
07-13-2007, 11:48 AM
HWY 88 is a good place to start, there's Bear River, Silver, and Caples lake. Also, there's smaller lakes, Kirkwood and Woods lake.

Unless you're heading up the other way, HWY 80 to North Shore or HWY 50 to the Crystal Basin, you should do fine on the HWY 88 lakes.

jiggity49
07-13-2007, 08:19 PM
I hear lake McSwain has good bank fishing right now ;D Check the modesto bee fishing reports ;)

camotracker
07-14-2007, 04:08 AM
rancho seco has a good fishing off the banks.

SpinReelFisher
07-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Ok, so I should've mentioned I'm from Sacramento, but willing to drive to get on some fish. (I've had nada on topwater for striper in the AR for a while now, so I'm feeling a little "flustered" at the moment)

A buddy and I are trying to put together a little trip somewhere, obviously we haven't figured the "where" part yet. More than likely it's going to be three days, two nights...willing to camp out. We were hoping for somewhere in the sierras roughly between Sac and Tahoe. I'll throw either spinners or bait...but I think he prefers just tossin bait for this time.

So...here's where your suggestions come in....(I should've been more specific when I started this one).

Thanks.

LordRooster
07-15-2007, 09:10 PM
To get anything from the shore you'll have to go high. I would say clear to Tahoe or up 88. Try Silver lake buetiful place only about 2.5 hours away from Sac.