PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo or Los Vaqueros

joshc40
07-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Any luck at San Pablo or Los Vaqueros? my buddy might be going out this weekend and wanted to know how the bite is.

stonesfan
07-05-2007, 08:47 PM
johsc40, if your buddy happens to go to San Pablo do me a favor
and please let me know how he did. I haven't fished that lake for
years and not since they drew down the water to work on the Dam
have I though of going there because of all the BAD reports.

San Pablo use to be one of my favorite lakes, but it seems like
all good things it went down hill. There wasn't hardly a time when
you couldn't drop line and troll between Scow Canyon and the Dam
and not hook into some good fish, anyway, good luck to your bud.

Thanks;
stonesfan

joshc40
07-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I'll definitely give you the report, if he goes that is. But the last few times he's gone it was pretty good. He's never been skunked, and catches at least 3 trout every trip. He says it's one of his favorite lakes and always asks me to go with him. From what I hear, its a little crowded but other than that the fishing is great.

raider73
07-06-2007, 06:17 AM
I think at San Pablo the trout fishing is usually good only from a boat. It's only okay from shore while at LV, I've gotten my limit almost every time and the last month or so have average 10fish/trip at LV.

bub1931
07-06-2007, 09:35 AM
My father went out to SP about a week and a half ago, rented a patio boat and him and three kids from his church fished from about 7:30am to about 2pm. Fished all around the lake, by the dam, bait fished and trolled. They didnt even get a bite. Only thing they caught was the anchor rope.

I hear the lake level is down due to repairs being done to the dam. I'm thinking that they may be the issue, low lake hot weather, hot water, not good for trout.

Other reports I have seen on this board were about the same real slow.

joshc40
07-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I think LV is better than SP but my bud says no. Last time I went we saw someone catch a huge bass. This thing had to be like 7 pounds or more. Never seen one so big at LV before. The weird thing is he was shore fishing . There was also a guy next to him who caught a salmon with a cast master at about the same time he caught the bass. What a coincidence.

_Gone_Fishin_
07-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Theres salmon in SP? :-/

PaCiFiCa_Rd
07-07-2007, 04:42 PM
no

_Gone_Fishin_
07-07-2007, 09:37 PM
The weird thing is he was shore fishing . There was *also a guy next to him who caught a salmon with a cast master at about the same time he caught the bass. What a coincidence.

Who caught a slamon at SP?

joshc40
07-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I saw someone catch one at Los Vaqueros. Sorry for the mix up.