PDA

View Full Version : any reports on French Meadows?

tuby
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
hi all, some friends and i are planning on going camping there in the next few weeks and i was just wondering how the fishing is there? any advice would be great....thanks.

cfish
07-02-2007, 08:26 PM
if you can get to sportsman's wharehouse they have recently added french meadows to their report board. good luck

stagger_lee
07-03-2007, 04:43 AM
We fished French Meadows two/three weeks ago.
The wind was the worst I've seen in years past. I thought we were on the Pacific Ocean. We did manage two Bows and one Brown in the
16/18" range before the wind finally won,had a real hard time getting the boat on the trailer. Not sure what its like now, but the water level was down about 35' and they were releasing alot of water at the dam.....
Good Times to ya.........................

foresthill_fishin
07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
:)Yes me and a buddy fished there over fathers day weakend and yes the wind was hecktic to say the least the wind picked up about 10a.m. and forced my little dinggy off the lake but we did have luck trollin rapallas on the west side towards dam near creek inlet you also might want to try where the river comes in and soak a crawler great luck 2 nice bows averagin about 20inchs a piece also 1 nice brown really nice [smiley=fishing5.gif] Well good luck camp hosts were great ......keep on trollin

trackertundra
07-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I would also be concerned about the BEARS up there ;). They are extremely brave, I learned that first hand!

Tracker

tuby
07-05-2007, 07:49 AM
I would also be concerned about the BEARS up there ;). They are extremely brave, I learned that first hand!

Tracker

i agree, we went up there last summer and on our way back we sideswiped a bear. we couldn't see it or avoid it much because of the roads and it was in our view after curve. we didn't stop...and later saw a small dent on the rental- we bought the insurance though.

thanks for all the report guys