PDA

View Full Version : Los Vaqueros Report 7/3/2007

raider73
07-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Got there around 1pm and didn't catch anything this time on the Mepps Aglia spinner so I switch to a chrome/chartreuse 3/8oz kastmaster and started catching fish almost immediately. All the fish were in the 2-3lb range. I had 2 rods--1 w/ the kastmaster and 1 w/ inflated nightcrawler/white power egg combo. Total for the day was 11 fish--8 on the kastmaster and 3 on bait--2 nightcrawler combo and 1 on just white power egg. I think this is the best trout lake in the bay area. I've average around 10fish everytime out during the last 10 trips. Fished from 1pm to 2:30pm and left w/ my limit of 5. Didn't catch those supposed 8lber and up that they said that they would hopefully plant soon. Going there again w/ family and my aunt's family tomorrow.

BTW, the cleaning station was closed because they said they are temporarily out of water. Not sure why they are out of water though.

bobcatken
07-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Glad to hear you caught a bunch of trout out there. *How was the heat and/or wind over there?

I was driving over there this morning and saw the windmills blowing pretty well. *I went over to Del Valle instead. *Warm and mild winds at Del Valle. *

I just called the Los Vaqueros marina. *The woman confirmed they did get a trout plant today, but she couldn't verify if any trophy trout were planted. *::)

fishguts
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the report, that lake has turned into a diamond in the rough and is often overlooked. Now is they would only allow pvt. boats.

Doubleheader
07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Right on. *Haven't been out there for a month or so; have too much kok meat in the freezer. *Good to hear the bite continues during the summer. *Last time I was there the blue/silver kastmaster got a few but I still prefer old crawlers. We like pics.

raider73
07-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Action today wasn't as good as yesterday but the 4 of us(me, my dad and my 2 cousins) ended up w/ 17 trouts in about 6hrs of fishing. Only 5 fish were in the 2-3lb range and the rest were ~12" which my aunt loves when fried up crispy so my cousins took those.

Weather was hot today since there was no wind at all(very rare). Yesterday was perfect, about 10mph which keeps you cooler since it about 90degrees out there.

We weren't as lucky since the guy next to me and his daughter had 7 fish and they were all between 2-4lbs.

thejonlee
07-04-2007, 11:51 PM
hey raider,

where were you fishing? my buddy and i grabbed 7 today off the spot by the oak tree way past the rock wall. mostly pan size but 1 lunker.

jon

raider73
07-05-2007, 06:27 AM
hey raider,

where were you fishing? *my buddy and i grabbed 7 today off the spot by the oak tree way past the rock wall. *mostly pan size but 1 lunker.

jon

I was fishing at the south cove both days.