PDA

View Full Version : manzanita lake?

epzamora
06-26-2007, 09:22 AM
sorry for the double post, i posted this on the fly section too.

has anyone fished manzanita lake near north fork lately? anything to report or share? i was thinking of checking it out from a float tube. thanks.

eric
fresno, ca.

bretmoua
06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I was up there a month ago...on a friday. For 2 hours of fishing, I landed 7 trout....and 5 green sunfish. Threw all the sunfish back. If I were you, I wouldn't make plans to go up there until Thursday or Friday. Those are the days when DFG stock the lake with trouts. When you go Sun - Wed...it's usually dead out there. Good luck.

epzamora
06-27-2007, 10:42 PM
thanks! how do you usually fish it? form the bank? what do you typically use? the fish you catch, are they recent plants or are there any holdovers from past plants? i'm not looking for any secrets, just trying to get an idea of how others fish manzanita. thanks again.

eric
fresno, ca.

68merc
06-28-2007, 08:08 PM
lots of guys fish up by the dam. power bait or float a worm. i have seen catfish there as well as Trout.

fishinjunkie
06-29-2007, 10:51 PM
whenever i fish manzanita i usually use a bobber with a nightcralwer set up. this way u can catch multiple species. i have caught trout up to 14 inches, small bass, catfish, and even a few bluegill. they stock the lake right by the sandbar and i usualy do well casting from the sand bar to the right. i would suggest a 5 to 6 leader. the dam can also be very productive. although the sand bar to me had been th most productive place. if your into using lures i have had success on kastmasters and roostertails. i even caught a nice holdover on a small rapala. hope the info helps. check the stocking schedule, manzanita at times can have heavy fishing pressure.
* * fishinjunkie

epzamora
06-30-2007, 12:08 AM
thanks everyone. i fish flies. a couple of months ago, i stumbled across manzanita for the first time though i had heard about it. the lake appeared to be frozen over as far as i could see. i need to try it out and your suggestions will surely help.

eric
fresno, ca.

bob80
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi, Are we talking about the manzanita lake that is in the Mt Lassen park? I am heading there this wednesday. Thanks, bob80

mtalley
07-02-2007, 11:15 AM
No, this one is in Madera County.