PDA

View Full Version : Q uarry *Lakes

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
TROUT HAS REALLY SLOWED DOWN WENT TODOAY AND NOT EVEN ONE BITE. PLANTED CATS THE OTHER DAY BUT DIDNT TRY FOR THEM. PLANTED 750 OF TROUT TODAY MAYBE THURSDAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY.

lazylab
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
:) please no typing in capitals that means you are yelling! so from this post i gather you are following the plant truck, my friends used to do that at pardee an did pretty good the day of the plant ;D

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
DID HORRIBLE TODAY maybe after two days they will start biting

h2o_polo_boi
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
hey what time did they plant? i didn't stay late today. i saw one guy catch a trout. i had 2 bites but the guy next to me said they were probably catfish. summer is coming and the trout are leaving.

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 03:12 PM
me niether left at 1200 wat about you what time did you get there leave? wat were you using as bait? and were you fishing past the porto poty? were you with one of the kids that said they left a jar of rainbow powerbait?

troutfan
06-26-2007, 03:14 PM
TROUT HAS REALLY SLOWED DOWN WENT TODOAY AND NOT EVEN ONE BITE. PLANTED CATS THE OTHER DAY BUT DIDNT TRY FOR THEM. PLANTED 750 OF TROUT TODAY MAYBE THURSDAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY.
Please don't type in upper text people don't appreciate being shouted at. ;)

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
i appologize ;) ; :-[ ;D

raider73
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Did you guys try artificials? I had great success at Los Vaqueros the last 3 weekends on blue fox spinners and fjord spoons. Here my total catch

2wks ago fri 9 trouts Mostly small since DFG plants Fjord spoon and spinner
2wks ago sun 11 trouts Mostly small since DFG plants Fjord spoon and spinner

1wk ago fri 9 trouts Mostly small since DFG plants blue fox spinner
1wk ago sat 15 trouts Mostly small since DFG plants blue fox spinner

last fri 6 trouts blue fox spinner all fish between 3-5lbs
last sat 5 trouts blue fox spinner 4 fish around 3lbs each

On all these trips only 1 fish/day was on bait everything else was on artificials. Of course, it could be the lake since the water at LV is still very cool. I've been wanting to try Quarry Lakes since I live in SJ but LV has been so productive, I'm reluctant to try a new place.

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
tried but nothing

h2o_polo_boi
06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
me niether left at 1200 wat about you what time did you get there leave? wat were you using as bait? and were you fishing past the porto poty? were you with one of the kids that said they left a jar of rainbow powerbait?

nope, i was closer towards the boat dock using green powerbait. *the usual. *i was there from like 7-10. *some guy next to me broke the rules and had like 4 poles and used a minnow on one of them. *hooked that poor lil fish and still ended up with nothing *;D i think i might try catfish tomorrow if trout doesn't pick up.

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 05:47 PM
dang a real minnow wow ;D was that guy to your right or left man the ranger/warden should have came

h2o_polo_boi
06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
he was to the left. didn't bring pole holders either so just laid his 4-5 poles on a garbage can ;D some people. i didn't see him carry no fishing license either. stupid poachers haha

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
guy with black jacket yeah i seen him funny ;D

h2o_polo_boi
06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
yep that's him...black jacket on a summer day going around asking for smokes lol

fishing_man
06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
do you happened to know where el cerrito is

Danksta408
06-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Ya........I know what u mean.......I was there yesterday from 9:00am until about 1:00 and didn't even get a bite.........Saw a guy and his kids rockin' cats though.......They were fishing on the dock with liver and were catching fish about every 5-10 minutes

fishing_man
06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
o man from 900 to 100 wat part of the dock and how far did they cast out

fishing_man
06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
how was it out there the day after the plant. What were you guys using from were. Thank you i am going to try tommorow

h2o_polo_boi
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
weak but not as weak as yesterday. got a big bite...bobber touched the pole and the pole bent, but when reeling in, nothing! :'( must've felt the tension and spit it out. happens sometimes. along the entire right side of the boat dock all the way past the porti-potty only 1 guy got a fish. then a guy next to me caught a lil 1 pounder. funny thing is, didn't know there was a fish on it until it was reeled in. the fish was already dead, stopped breathing. powereggs was the bait. i'll probably go tomorrow again just to see if anything has picked up.

fishing_man
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
going to try different spot not right of the boat ramp cause way to slow

fishing_man
06-28-2007, 07:18 PM
finally had some luck. proabably with the plant. was using spring green power bait at the penninsula. i had a huge bite that i missed. o was fixing my other rod when bam the bobber goes up my rod bends and it starts taking line. irun over there and start reeling and fighting the fish then i feel it spit out the hook or the hook didnt set right. MAN >:( but this one was on a power egg/worm combo. not bad for a day that i finnaly get fish after like a week or so.

h2o_polo_boi
06-28-2007, 10:08 PM
there were lotta bites early this morning also to the right of the boat dock but no fish to show for it. the fish was more aggressive today, i saw a little trout repeatedly jump into the air chasing something only a few feet from shore. after 9 though, everything just went dead. would be nice it i actually caught something and break this dry spell! guess it's just getting too warm.

fishing_man
06-29-2007, 08:07 PM
went again today and had a little planter. but that was it.