PDA

View Full Version : Caples Lake???

66726paiton
06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello there everyone, I read some of the previous postings about the lake and it just sounds like something I need to get out there and see. Any information regarding camping, fishing, routes (from brentwood) would be appreciated. Can you bring your own boat, or do they make you rent them like a las Vaquerous? Looks like a place to take the kids on a camping trip....thanks

anglinfool
06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
There are several campgrounds in the area and more up past Caples toward the Carson Pass and into the Hope Valley and beyond. This is within 15 or so miles beyond Caples.

Fishing is good there, right off the dam is fine or where Woods Creek enters the lake. Woods Lake is good, too. I was there several weeks and did very well and it has been planted since.

Good luck and post a report.

Mackattack
06-27-2007, 01:21 PM
yOUCAN BRING YOUR OWN BOAT. They bouys to tie your boat at night but you have to wait till they wake up to go get it unless you like to swim in cold water eary in the morning. There are several spots in CG that are big enough for car and boat.

When you going we will be there Aug. 1 thru 4th

Mackattack

atavuss
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
to add to the above posts, be sure and get a map of the submerged boulders and rocks at the launch before you go out, there are several places to watch out for when on the lake. *also, most, if not all the campgrounds fill up on the weekends during the summer and it can be hard to find a spot to camp. *you won't be able to use your boat at Woods Lake. you could use your boat at Silver, Upper and Lower Blue lakes as well

cgagex3
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Add to above posts, Caples is good middle spot to stay. Nice campground hosts every year I've been. Red, Woods, & Kirkwood are no gas motor but still fun to fish. Sliver & Caples you can use your boat. All are within a 15 minute drive. Go up by Thursday or Friday to get a spot and you are good to go for the weekend. Don't forget to check in about bears with the host. Last August a guy in the camp next to us lost a van window and the three tri-tips in the ice chest he left uncovered in the back of the van the night before we got there. We never saw or heard another for the next 5 days.
CG

BreakofDawn
06-28-2007, 08:19 AM
If your worried about bears, Wood CG has lockers. Caples Don't. But more bugs at Woods then Caples ;)

Mackattack
06-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah be carefull wth the kids you have to cross the Hyway to get to the lake.