PDA

View Full Version : Caples 6/26

gotbowz
06-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Just got back from Caples. The fishing was fantastic this morning! I pulled up to the resort at about 5:30 and walked down to the corner of dam, right by the highway. I had managed a few bows here in the past so I knew I could probably find fish there again and boy, was I right.
Before I get into the success of this morning's trip though, I want to thank Captain Compassion for sharing the details of his recent success at Caples. It was his information that helped me out today.

How so?

Well, I had two rods going at first, an inflated crawler on one, and that 1/4oz gold kastmaster on the other. 2 Rainbows, 8 Browns, and 10 Brookies later, I realized that I just had the best 2.5 hours on the shore of any lake, that I had ever had, and 18 of 20 came on that very Kastmaster. Nothing was over 14" but all were released to hopefully get there someday. 20 fish was plenty good for me and my ego, so I packed up and spent the next few hours hiking around Woods creek just enjoying the area. Not bad for a Tuesday morning :)

Thanks again Cap'n for the tips. I appreciate it.

Ryan

Mackattack
06-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Good job Chief and thanks for leaving some for me to eat when i go in Aug

Mackattack [smiley=angling.gif]

Captain Compassion
06-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Before I get into the success of this morning's trip though, I want to thank Captain Compassion for sharing the details of his recent success at Caples. *It was his information that helped me out today. *

You are certainly welcome Chief. That's what the Fishsniffer is all about. Heaven knows that others in this forum have helped the Captain out. In the last couple of days I've received all kinds of cool information on Red Lake and tomorrow I'm going to try it out. As usual I'll let you all know.

CC

underdog63
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
get rad, chief...get rad!!!

bankerbull
06-26-2007, 10:40 PM
CHIEF..so,, were u using barbless hooks? To catch 20 trout with a kastmaster and release them all without bleeding any of them is remarkable and I commend you...nice job Chief..

cgagex3
06-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Great job Chief,
Thanks for putting a few back for us to play with.
I plan on making a trip up Friday or Saturday myself. The trip in to Woods Creek is a nice hike too. Nice to take it all the way in to where it dumps in to Caples and fish the inlet.
CG

06-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Just a little to add. Was there about three weeks ago and was trolling, the first point on the north side going away from the dam was the ticket. Almost every pass got a fish. I got tired of pulling hardware and just drifted across this area and found whatever I thru out worked. There's some big rocks just underneath the surface, so if your in boat watch out, but then it drops down to about 25-30 ft. Really don't know why but this spot just keeps working every year. Either by boat or shore. Hope this helps.