PDA

View Full Version : trinity lake

colin
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I will be spending the 4th at Trinity lake(trinity center area) and know nothing about this lake. i will be bringing a inflatable kayak. i was also thinking on fishing the trinity river around coffee creek. Also might fish coffee creek too? Any help would be great. Colin

BigRichClovis
06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Make sure you check the regs on the Trinity river. Different sections of the river have different rules. Good Luck

hardcoreFLYfisher
06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
trout fishing in the lake can be good but its better for smallmouth. if you want to fish for trout drive to all the arms of the lake and fish the feeder creeks they seem to be the best spot. coffee creek is good and arround the mouth under the bridge is good (panther martins; bait). the fishe in coffee creek like small spinners a lot all the feeder creeks are like that. the river coming out of the bottom of the dam is good. i dont know if it is open but i got to trinity every year arround may 15 and it s open then so it might be open on the forth, the first mile or so of the river form the dam is fly only but if you are good it is VERY productive. some times if you are out by the dam durring the evening you and catch some kokes on top with the fly. hope this helps some.

Captain Compassion
06-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Don't forget Lewiston Lake below Trinity. This can be an awsome trout lake especially when the Trinity powerhouse is dumping water and chopped feed into the head of the lake. This is a much better trout lake than Trinity and very pretty. A 10 MPH speed limit discourages all water sport save fishing and canoeing. I havent fished it reciently but it hasn't changed much and of the 5 or so times I fished it I was never skunked.

CC

916towerguy
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
We had really good luck at Lewiston the end of April. Really nice lake pretty shallow in some spots but in your set up you will do fine.